Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Gearing up for deletes...exhaust question

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  riotrob 
#1 · (Edited)
So with the attached image exhaust, leave the section in red off and run a 5" or 5" to 6" tip is ok? Is there much benefit for going with stainless steel vs aluminum? Located in Fl, so not much snow here (lol) so no salt on the ground to eat it away...but valid upgrade for temps? Then just need to add on EGR and cooler deletes and i'll be good to go (in addition to tuner that is)?

#2 ·
Um, not sure why you want to leave the tailpipe section off, dumping that out over the axle will be loud and annoying as hell with a delete. The trucks are loud enough with it exiting out the truck, let alone under it. It would suck inside :)

That said, SS vs Aluminium is all in the pocket book. There isn't a real benefit, aside from not having to replace the pipes a while longer. Get the plates and remove the EGR while you're up, far better than blocking it off and leaving it. Oh, and what tuner are you using?

#6 ·
So if went with the Flo Pro 5", is there a 5" tip to go on it or does it have to be a 5" to 6" tip? I'll give it a whirl and see how loud it is with keeping the tailpipe section on. Havent selected a tuner just yet. Was looking at the SCT w/GH...but then came across a thread with alot of issues.

...just researching this moment. Going to wait until my audio project is completed. All parts are starting to trickle in daily now.

#3 ·
I did the same thing with an axle dump. I wasn't happy with how the exhaust was sitting at the tip so I decided to get rid of it lol (It looked too low and stuck out a little too much for my liking). The sound wasn't too much of an increase, but a little louder when getting on it because it reverberating of the road and heard a bit more of the power wheeze. It was meant to be like that for a little bit until I got a new setup to have it sit where I wanted it to, but have grown to like the exhaust being tucked away so I kept it like that lol

#5 ·
I cut my factory pipe off and installed a tip like you're describing. Full delete pipe, factory from the delete pipe back, not loud in the cab at all. Sounds just like it did before I cut off the tail section, and there's no tailpipe to hang up on things in the woods.

#11 ·
Kinda figured as much...so not able to do in stages in reference to that install aspect. Thanks :wink:

Diamond eye is a bit cheaper than flo-pro if you're looking to save a few bucks and I've never had fitment issues with them. You'll want tuner, exhaust and egr delete/block. Most add an air intake as well. I'm still running factory intake on my 12 without issues being tuned.
You'll be a thousand bucks even with just a delete pipe instead of full exhaust.
Yeah, going to do it all...was just seeing if could to deleted/installed in stages.

#10 · (Edited)
Diamond eye is a bit cheaper than flo-pro if you're looking to save a few bucks and I've never had fitment issues with them. You'll want tuner, exhaust and egr delete/block. Most add an air intake as well. I'm still running factory intake on my 12 without issues being tuned.
You'll be a thousand bucks even with just a delete pipe instead of full exhaust.

#12 ·
Called a local Diesel shop and was quoted $3,300 for:

Flo Pro 5" w/tip
EGR full delete
SCT w/tuned with their tuner

10-14 days before could be done
1 day turn around once all ready

Seemed a bit high...no?

My alt solution is to source all my parts myself and then have a shop delete/install it all.

#13 ·
$3300? That is absurdly high. I think my parts from NoLimit cost me a little over $1,000 and MD Performance Diesel did the work for $650.00. My truck literally went in days later and was finished the same day. Buy the parts and find a shop :)

#14 ·
Just order the parts from no limit, get a case of beer to bribe a friend into helping you remove the exhaust. Its not exactly hard to do, just watch the you tube vid to see where the sensors are. I would just do blocker plates for the egr but if you wanted to do the full removal i'm sure you could handle that as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.