Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Innovative DPF tunes

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  LREhp 
#1 ·
So I have a 2015 F350, crew cab, drw.
Truck is stock other than the SCT X4 with Xtreme Street tune.

The first tune I drove for a week, highway and city, I was not happy with shifting, power, or economy.
I emailed them, they sent a revised tune. No problems, very cool to deal with.
Now I drove it since then, highway and city, towing and not towing.

Shifting is definitely better, power seems to be decent (still not like my modded 6.0), but fuel economy is terrible!
It is getting worse mileage now than it did stock, or with the SCT Can tune!

I drive easy, I am not a lead foot, I drag race for a living so I usually drive like a grandpa around town.
Any similar results? I'm talking 10.5 around town!:crying:

#3 ·
I am hand calculating this tank right now, in the past it has been very very close for me.
Truck has just over 30k on it, and was averaging 14ish around town before the tune, and a little better with the SCT CAN tune.

Now I did notice yesterday it had a P0170 code.

#5 ·
I tested the ID tow tune extensively with my 2015 6.7L and finally gave up on it. It took a long time to get an actual tow tune out of it as the shifting was way off. Once that was acceptable, I realized that I had to revise the shifting so much because the tune did not have good low end.
I have switched to DP-Tuner and am very pleased, but have not towed with it as the season is over. Excellent low end power!

#6 ·
I have the same code pop up once and a while with my IDP tunes. Seems more common if I am using the exhaust brake.

#7 ·
Yeah there's another thread running round here that houses all the IDP people, may have some luck over there. They had to go through like ten or fifteen revisions to get a perf and a tow tune right. But it seems that they're finally happy with it. Milage issue definitely sounds tune related...How's your turbo acting on said tune? How's the soot loading on the dpf?

Like stated above, I popped my DP Tuner tunes in out of the box and have been happy ever since. They really really tested these tunes on their trucks before they released them, vs. innovative relies on customer feedback to perfect their tune, from what I hear.

I'm a DP fan...but let's make innovative work for you since the money has already been dropped, if we can. Contact the tuner and I'm sure they'll work with you and send a revised file for you to play with.

Reactions: Justin@DP-Tuner
#9 ·
I haven't done much as I am planing on losing a few pounds in a couple weeks. Sucks to pay the money twice though.... Oh well live and learn. The tunes seem good I have been happy with the power but 11-12mpg average highway/town is not what I would expect.

#11 ·
Update- truck went back to 13ish mpg and running good in stock tune.
No CEL has come back on.
IDP DID send me an updated tune, I plan to put it in the truck today.

If this doesn't work, I am either going to D-lete or go back to an 6 liter!!!##

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.