Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Trying out the new PPEI EZ LYNK

134K views 144 replies 46 participants last post by  Boostd_6.7 
#1 ·
I have the tunes from Spartan right now, but my PPEI tuner should be here tomorrow.

Just a quick question...

All I need to do is load the stock file to the truck in order to change to the PPEI tunes, correct? I assume that is it, but just wanted to check before tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 2016SD
#2 ·
We (at least the average member "we") don't know much about the inner workings of this platform yet. This is a good question for PPEI or Jeremy. I do know it's somehow connected to the cloud where PPEI can push whatever tunes whenever wirelessly to the device for you to use.

#6 ·
YES you must return to stock before flashing with a different tuner

PLEASE update us on PPEI tunes once you get them loaded. I'm so excited for those tunes.

#9 ·
Yes he is a great tuner. I have run his tunes on a 6.7 cummins and a LMM duramax and out of the box his tunes are great. Both trucks I installed on have been for friends and both pull heavy and like to fart around on the weekends. The tunes allow this flexibility and have a very high degree of reliability. Kory knows what he's doing and I can't wait to see his stuff on the 6.7 pstroke. I hope he figures out an improved exhaust brake for 2011-14 trucks.

#13 ·
Got it installed last night...super easy.

Didn't even have to reflash to stock. I just opened the iPhone app, followed the instructions about plugging it in, key position, etc. and then chose which tune I wanted to install.

I chose the 15-16 SOTF tune w/out the 2nd gear lockup.

So far, I am really impressed with both the power and the shifting! One touch on the iPhone screen changes power levels. I just have to remember to open the app each time I get in the truck.

I couldn't be happier with it so far!

Any questions, please ask...apparently I don't get email notifications, so I need to check my settings.

#17 ·
From what I understand, it defaults to the "No power" tune if the app isn't connected. I could be wrong, but that is what I understood.

#15 ·
Oof. Since you flashed over whatever tune was last installed instead of going back to stock, you don't have a copy of your stock file as a backup and you have officially vin locked your other tuner.

#16 · (Edited)
I actually called PPEI before I did anything and let them know what tunes I currently had. They said that I wouldn't need to flash the stock tune back, so I didn't. And the Ngauge I used to tune it previously didn't back up the stock tune...it was provided by Spartan.

Edit: Just checked and it is pre-loaded with the stock file, so I think I am safe there.

#19 ·
I received this from Stephanie at PPEI when I ask about leaving the device with the app at home:

Whatever tune you install? it will stay on that tune unless you unplug the autoagent. If the autoagent is unplugged it will default to stock.

So it sounds like whatever tune you select in the app, it will stay on that tune if the app is not connected. If the auto agent is unplugged it reverts back to stock.

#26 ·
Finished up my turbo install and loaded the new tunes, so far I like PPEI's tuning much better but its not a fair comparison....I was running Gearhead with exhaust only....now I have all the goodies installed plus the MPD 363sxe and piping kit.

Getting a P007D for the CAC Temp but I don't have anywhere to put the sensor so its not plugged in. Thinking it needs to be disabled in the tune.

Also have a leak at the passenger side up pipe v-band clamp. Gonna try and fix that tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.