New PCV valve and Fuel Pressure Regulator - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 05:34 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New PCV valve and Fuel Pressure Regulator

Thanks Ford! Truck is a 12 F350 SRW CC with 31000ish miles on it. I have been experincing a flutter in the throttle with light throttle applied at low RPM, but have been told by another dealer twice that it is nothing. Got the "Reduced Engine Power" warning last Saturday and a CEL. Took it to Hall Ford in Newport News, VA on Monday. Got a call later on and was told the PCV valve had failed. Picked the truck up on Tuesday and, as I always do (I like to know exactly what work was done to the truck), took a look at the service order. I noticed that the fuel pressure regulating valve had been replaced as well. Naturally, I asked my service advisor WTF. The techs had noticed while running the initial diagnostic on the truck that the HP fuel pump discharge pressure was low, and started looking in to it. The fuel pressure regulator had failed, and was replaced. In the process, they had pulled my low pressure fuel filter to check for debris. The tech was at the desk at this point and commented that it was the cleanest one he had seen. I changed the first one at 5k on the truck and have done 10k changes since, so this one had 5k on it, give or take. The only thing that really frustrated me was that they had pulled my fuel filter and not replaced it. I am not a big fan of putting used parts back in a fluid system, but that's just me. All the work was covered under warranty. The tech also told me that this should take care of my light throttle flutter as well. I hope it does, it is extremely annoying to have the truck momentarily fall on its face when I am driving. Moral of the story, any fuel system related repairs, and a filter is coming out.

J.R.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 05:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah, the PCV valve they meant is the "Pressure control valve" for the hp fuel system, not the positive crankcase ventilation. Anytime there's a failed HP fuel system component, ford wants you to follow their "job aid", and even go as far as laying the fuel filter out and letting it dry to check for DEF crystals. About 90%+ of HP fuel system failure is due to contaminated fuel. If the dealer repairs it under warranty, ford can inspect the parts for rust,etc.. if Ford denies the claim, the dealership pays for all the parts and the tech will get backflagged, and not be paid, and the dealership eats the repair instead of ford motor company. Those fuel systems are 10,000$, so to overlook something would cost the dealership alot of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.