Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

dtc code p1264

11K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  lhood6.7 
#1 ·
today i went to wash my truck since there was a nice turn in the weather , i got to the car wash and turned my truck off something i never do while im washing it . when i was done i jumped in started her up ran fine for about 30 seconds . i made it to a Walgreens and checked my mini maxx and the code p1264 was there so i cleared it killed the engine and started it back up and it came back . i then sat there for about a hour to see if i could just try to let it dry on its own .sat there fired it up same thing . I then figured disconnect the batteries to try and reset the ecm . that didnt work . im out of ideas so any input would be greatly appreciated .:dunno:

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
ya when i looked it up i found it is the #4 cylinder high to low side short ? idk were to begin checking the wiring . or exactly how to test it .

#4 ·
Me either. But im gonna lay my best guess on since it happened right after you washed your truck that theres a bare wire somewhere that got wet and shorted out. So id search high and low around cylinder 4 for any bare wire and see what you can come up with.

Sorry im not much more help :dunno:

#5 ·
you can laugh at thus next question but cylinder order starts on the driver side and works it way up 1234 then passenger side 5678 or staggered like 1d,2p,3d,4p . ive found the firing order lol but not that

#6 ·
The firing order on a 6.7 is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

I also want to say piston number 1 is passenger front and works it way back 2,3,4 and 5 starting on drivers side front going back for 6,7,8. But someone correct me if im work i might have it backwards lol

#7 ·
well we were both wrong it starts on the passenger side fire wall and goes 1234 , from there on the drivers side starting furthest away from the fire wall working its way back 5678. i checked every connection i could dry ! unplugged both batteries cleared it for thirty or so seconds then came back . when i clear it with the mini maxx it just comes right back . i also checked all the grounds i could there is no corrosion and seems to have good contact. so im at a loss

#8 ·
I would try to find someone with goo electrical skills and equipment and see if they can figure it out. If i were you i wouldnt even rule out that the injector took a dump.

If all else fails (im not sure if your under warranty anymore) but you could take it in to the dealer or another diesel shop if there is one around you.

I know theres a diesel shop around me that if the dealer is going to screw me out of something im taking it straight to this other guy. He was awesome helping me with my 7.3 to where he even asked if i wanted to hang around and learn how to work on the insides of the motor haha

#9 ·
this morning i took it to a ford dealer here in San Antonio . I dont have the tools or the electrical knowledge to even know were to begin checking . I tried my few ideas i had this weekend off and on but all that did was frustrate the hell outa me . im just hoping it is something small and not a injector

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.