Warranty issues - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 01:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Warranty issues

Does anyone know a number I can call to report a dealership that messed me around?

I have a 2011 f250 6.7l. The fuel sending unit needed replaced. They originally said it wouldn't be covered under warranty because it got messed up because of my Titan tank I put on 3 years ago. I said to look into it more because I have extended warranty and wasn't doing it through them if it wasn't covered. Week later their warranty girl called and said it was covered. Today I get a call saying the truck is fixed but NOT covered!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Wow, unreal... What was the cost? I'd go down there and raise hell and leave with my truck and without my hand ever entering my pocket..
Old 02-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

1400. I haven't gone there yet. Need to calm myself first. Don't plan on paying when I leave
Old 02-22-2014, 08:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

as for # to call, Ford probably wont b much help. I would first calm down and go down there to the WARRANTY Coordinators office, get the manager in there along with whoever you were dealing with in the service department. Directly ask the woman if she called you and told you it was covered under warranty and see if she tells the truth. If she says she did, no argueing at that point, ask for your keys and say thank you have a nice day!
If she says she did NOT cover it, I would look back at the service guy and remind him you did NOT want the work performed if it was not a warrantable repair. At that point, they can either eat their mistake, or install the original parts and return your truck to you. Their lack of coordination and communication is not something that you should have to pay for.
IF they install the original parts, I would stand there and watch them, or you may end up with more issues around the corner.
Ive been down this road with the local Dodge dealership... so much that I gave up, and just assumed that I had no warranty on anything and made repairs myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.