2012 6.7 upper radiator hose collapsed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 6.7 upper radiator hose collapsed

I have a 2012 6.7 that has a upper radiator hose collapsing after driving the truck and parking it overnight. I have 33K on the odometer. Took it to the dealer two days ago, they checked it and were able to verify the condition. Sent out condition to the ford tech hotline, ford sent back saying they are working on a fix, but telling people this is normal operating condition for now, possible tsb to come. Anyone else come across this issue. I am starting to get concerned about problems this might cause down the road.

I already had a primary water pump replaced at 15k, which at that time my hose was also collapsing, was so bad that it made cracks on the hose, had them replace the hose out of pocket expense since ford would not cover under warranty since it did not fail yet, per what the service adviser told me.
The pump failed on the shaft seal... But i will leave that for another thread as i don't want to hi jack my own thread lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2014, 03:48 PM

I had a 92 Suburban that would collapse it's upper hose overnight. Idiot dealer changed the thermostat. It did it again after dealers fix. I unplugged the small hose that went to the recovery tank and my upper hose ballooned back into shape. The tank was plugged with gunk. Check those hoses along with a non-functioning radiator reservoir tank cap. Something is preventing the natural hot/cold thermal vent cycle.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Premium Member

Well i was thinking the same thing, when i brought it to the dealer i even mentioned it to the tech, because i know the 6.0 powerstrokes had cap issues. His reply was yeah but this engine is different. So not sure what tests they ran, but i picked up a new motorcraft cap from the dealer and put it on. No issues and been about a week now. So i will put the old one back on and see if the condition comes back. Bottom line is i shouldn't be the one fixing a truck that i paid $45k for and that has a warranty!!

The water pump i mentioned about, well yup i figured that out for them too!! This 6.7 is turning out to be a BIG pain in the *** !! And is starting to hurt my bottom line due to all the down time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.