like driving with the brake on. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
like driving with the brake on.

I'm not real happy right now. Have a new 13 I bought two weeks ago and have a little over a thousand miles on with a proper break in. This morning on my way to work it felt like I was driving with the brakes on. On flats I was at 10 psi just to hold speed and was losing speed on downhills that I was breaking on the day before. I turned around and brought it home before I could do any further damage. On the way back I dropped it in neutral and it rolled like it should.

Hubs are in the right place, motor sounds good, no excess heat on wheels or driveline components, and it feels like I'm driving with the breaks on. Trying to coast on a flat in gear it slows like I'm pressing the break. Worse, there is the same resistance under throttle. My job doesn't allow me to drop everything but I'm gonna run it in Thursday. I talked to a couple service departments today and I didn't get anything over the phone which I understand.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I'm not a happy person right now but I'll keep everyone posted on what the deal is..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

keep us posted.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is it possible that your hill descent is activating?
Old 10-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I dropped it off tonight and they said it'll be the first one in tomorrow morning. Topped the tank on my way and was down 3 mpg on the same driving so something is definitely up.

We'll see..
Old 11-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well it's better now. I wasn't imagining things but turns out it a couple of minor things added up. I was a little low on tire pressure by about 2 lbs since it got cold, winter blend fuel, and it was probably regenninnig the morning it felt off. Drives great again. I'm used to class 8 trucks so I believe I got a little paranoid when something didn't seem right. I know when a class 8 truck has issues when it's new it's almost never right in the long term. Did get the block heater installed while I was there. Easy people to deal with there and went out of their way to service a truck they didn't sell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.