700 miles on my new truck and...... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
700 miles on my new truck and......

Yep, 700 miles. The truck is in the shop already. I crawled underneath the other day to see if I had the coil for the block heater, or a plug because I'll need one before winter. I was sad to see I didn't luck out with the coil, and then saw oil all over everything. I wasn't quite sure where it was coming from. My wife took the truck in on Friday and told them it was leaking oil. The sales rep said they cant look at it today. She brought the truck in around 3:00 and the service department close at 3:30. So I'm pretty pissed off about that as well. They didn't even look at it. I'm still not to happy about it, but she scheduled an appointment yesterday with the same dealership. They couldn't pin point where the leak was from and said I had to leave it there overnight. I asked for a rental car and they said I'd have to pay 30$ a day, blah, blah we don't have to provide a rental. I almost lost it then, so I called up Ford customer care. The woman was real nice and told me that the dealership is supposed to submit the rental fee in with the warranty bill, and if they don't comply call her back. I then told them what Ford said, and they still claimed that it was news to them, never heard of that, but set me up in an enterprise rental car service they use down the street anyway. I now have a Nissan Juke sitting in my drive. This is not a laughing matter. I stopped in today and the truck was on the lift. They found the truck is leaking oil out of the front of the motor. I believe its from the cover where the timing chain and stuff would be. 4-5 days they said. They have to unbolt the trans, slide it back and remove a whole bunch of stuff just to get access. They claim this isn't a common problem, are in contact with Ford about it to see if there is an underlying problem here. They are also checking to see if there's anything else they should do while my motor is in shambles.
To top it all off, they gave me a quote around $400 dollars parts and labor for a block heater. Holy **** was my response to him at first. I then asked if he could cut me some slack on it for my in troubles, and he said there's nothing I can do for you, try to take it up with ford. I went by today and the coolant is drained out already. What more could it take to pull a dang plug and insert a coil? Thanks for listening to me rant, and if anyone has advice on what to do next I'd appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That dealer should have given you the keys to a brand new truck right then and there, I would have if you bought it from me. That's outrageous.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

This isn't the dealership that I purchased the car from. I am going to write that dealership where I purchased the car from and see if they can help me better, and they were great. In my opinion it shouldn't matter what dealership I bought it from, but maybe they'll do something more for me then this other dealership. The dealership I purchased the car from is 90 miles away unfortunately.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:52 PM
Cowgirl forever!!!

dang that really sucks for you
Old 07-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

just another example how ford lets it dealers run amok. and $400 for a block heater? i wouldve told the service rep "i was born at night but not last night".
Old 07-31-2013, 06:32 PM

interesting, my 2011 model came with a block heater and cord already installed.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormanscat View Post
interesting, my 2011 model came with a block heater and cord already installed.
Mine wasn't ordered with the block Heater option, but after reading a few posts here on the site some people said Ford may have installed the coil, and the cord was the extra money you paid for the option.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Stopped in today and the trans was sitting next to my truck. The mechanic said Ford Protocal was to remove the trans in order to remove the oil pan. The oil pan had to come off in order to remove the front cover as well he said. He also said that the motor only leaked while you were driving it. I guess there still not sure what is causing the leak but they have narrowed it down to the oil pan or the cover/ where they meet I guess. I think they ordered a new pan, and cover in case they were warped. I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notchback91 View Post
Mine wasn't ordered with the block Heater option, but after reading a few posts here on the site some people said Ford may have installed the coil, and the cord was the extra money you paid for the option.
mine is a C&C, maybe thats the difference...???
Old 08-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You need to find a new dealership, There are plenty of dealerships that would be happy to help you and will bend over backwards to make you happy. You also need to call fords customer care center and tell them how you were being mistreated. They Will make it right...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.