What the .... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What the ....

world is Ford thinking. What should be a very easy fix is turning into a headach for me,,,,, because of Ford engineering.

Let me set it up:

I have a completely stock 2012, F250, 6.7L with 24000 miles aprox on it. I get into my truck on Thursday night, heading to work. I get about a 1/4 mile from home and the the panel display turns red saying Stop safely now. I turn into the next neighborhood entrance and drive home. The truck has no power at all. When I get into the driveway I check for codes on the monitor, it shows a P200c, and P2479. To make sure it is a hard fault, I clear the codes with the monitor (thinking there would be a permanent record) and drive the vehicle again. The truck MIL lamp and Warning came on within 200 yards again and I took it home, parked it, check for codes (same ones) and took the wifes car to work.

The next morning (Friday) I get Ford roadside assisstance to tow it to my dealer in Alvin, Ron Carter Ford. Friday afternoon I call the dealership, the mechanic has looked at it but the service rep has no info. Monday afternoon I call the dealership again, the service rep tells me there is no codes, and nothing in the history. At that time I supply the codes (there was silence on the other end of the phone upon learning I had them). Tuesday, I get a call in the afternoon stating thay cannot duplicate the issue, they had driven it ovr 70 miles,,, please pick up the truck. I convey my displeasure with the whole situation, get the truck, and leave.

Now, my issues with this. If there is an issue with a vehicle bad enough to tell you to get off the road now, and depower it, then there should be a PERMANENT RECORD OF IT IN THE PCM (DO YOU HEAR ME FORD)!!!!!! Ref link indicating the possible lack of record. What is ford thinking? For me this is huge, I have a sensor that has become intermittent, and with my luck, strand me in a very out of the way place.

So guys, is there a specific sensor that will throw the code P2479? I know it is described as Exhaust Gas Temperature Out of Range Bank 1 Sensor 2. But, is that specific, or any of the 4 sensors? (pre/post DOC, pre/post DPF)

These sensors are cheap (found them for $25 online), so I'll have one in the truck at all time knowing what I do now. They also appear to all be the same sensor. I have also changed my insight monitor windows around, viewing all 4 sensors now. I'll know which one is bad next time, just wish I had the time last Thursday night to deal with this. Rant Done.

Victor G
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.