Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What the ....

5K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  vgostomski 
#1 ·
world is Ford thinking. What should be a very easy fix is turning into a headach for me,,,,, because of Ford engineering.

Let me set it up:

I have a completely stock 2012, F250, 6.7L with 24000 miles aprox on it. I get into my truck on Thursday night, heading to work. I get about a 1/4 mile from home and the the panel display turns red saying Stop safely now. I turn into the next neighborhood entrance and drive home. The truck has no power at all. When I get into the driveway I check for codes on the monitor, it shows a P200c, and P2479. To make sure it is a hard fault, I clear the codes with the monitor (thinking there would be a permanent record) and drive the vehicle again. The truck MIL lamp and Warning came on within 200 yards again and I took it home, parked it, check for codes (same ones) and took the wifes car to work.

The next morning (Friday) I get Ford roadside assisstance to tow it to my dealer in Alvin, Ron Carter Ford. Friday afternoon I call the dealership, the mechanic has looked at it but the service rep has no info. Monday afternoon I call the dealership again, the service rep tells me there is no codes, and nothing in the history. At that time I supply the codes (there was silence on the other end of the phone upon learning I had them). Tuesday, I get a call in the afternoon stating thay cannot duplicate the issue, they had driven it ovr 70 miles,,, please pick up the truck. I convey my displeasure with the whole situation, get the truck, and leave.

Now, my issues with this. If there is an issue with a vehicle bad enough to tell you to get off the road now, and depower it, then there should be a PERMANENT RECORD OF IT IN THE PCM (DO YOU HEAR ME FORD)!!!!!! Ref link indicating the possible lack of record. What is ford thinking? For me this is huge, I have a sensor that has become intermittent, and with my luck, strand me in a very out of the way place.

So guys, is there a specific sensor that will throw the code P2479? I know it is described as Exhaust Gas Temperature Out of Range Bank 1 Sensor 2. But, is that specific, or any of the 4 sensors? (pre/post DOC, pre/post DPF)

These sensors are cheap (found them for $25 online), so I'll have one in the truck at all time knowing what I do now. They also appear to all be the same sensor. I have also changed my insight monitor windows around, viewing all 4 sensors now. I'll know which one is bad next time, just wish I had the time last Thursday night to deal with this. Rant Done.

Victor G

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.