Just a question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just a question

Dont hate this one, but?

In some cases, if you guys hadnt have modded the engine or truck in anyway from stock, do you think youd have the same problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 06:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm sure they wouldn't.

When I bought my 2008 6.7 dodge the fuel milage was so bad I put an H&S programmer on it and deleted the DPF. To get 16 MPG on the freeway. IMO, the programmer made it shift worse so I had to buy the Overdrive software to make it shift properly. Maybe H&S did that on purpose, and maybe not. Those guys at H&S were great to deal with, just their product has always been questionable IMO. Anyways, I had all sorts of problems with that truck. Now I know the 3 stock trans and the fully built ATS that burned up were not completely due to the mods, I do know the blown head gasket was and this wasn't on the hot setting either. I bet the truck would have lasted a whole lot longer with out that garbage on it, and my pocket book would have been a whole lot thicker. In hind sight, yes I loved the extra power, but dealing with all the codes, being about what will happen next, trips to the shop to keep that truck on the road and all while having an extra 5 year warranty with unlimited milage that was unusable because I modded it.

I returned the truck to stock when I traded it in. I needed a service to be done on my new truck so they gave me my old Dodge back and it was throwing all kinds of codes like, DPF full, Timing sensor problems, and trans codes. It was crazy to think the DPF was bad because I took it off when it had 2000 miles on it and right after a regen.

I'm totally sure that some people have great results with their mods, it just wasn't me.

So break down of what I spent on my mods and problems,

H&S with Pyro $1050.00
Delete pipe $150.00
Overdrive software $400.00
One stock transmission $2990.00
ATS fully built trans $7,600.00
Co Pilot trans controller $1300.00
Blown Head gasket repair $2400.00
ARP 625 head studs $1650.00
Labor to remove and reinstall a built trans. ATS warrantied the trans. Thanks ATS $800.00

TOTAL $18340.00

This doesn't even include the suspension mods that I installed,

Lorenz leveling kit with progressive rate coils, mini pack in the rear and Sway-A-Way shocks.
The death wobble kit from hell! $2800.00
Things bought to cure the death wobble,
20" wheels and new tires $2600.00
D-thurnen solid track bar with heims $450.00
D-thurnen Fox stabilizer kit $600.00

Grand Total $24,790.00

To trade that truck in for a new ford , PRICELESS!

This truck is going to remain stock! I may get a leveling kit from Carli but that is even on the ropes right now.

Rant OFF!

Last edited by Mannysouza; 03-21-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.