2012 6.7 dpf failure and exhaust fluid system failure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile 2012 6.7 dpf failure and exhaust fluid system failure

I have a 2012 F250 6.7 that has on it 29k miles i have installed a banks ram air and banks exhaust from the dpf back. I have had these two mods installed since the vehicle was new. The truck had no emission system issues until about 27k miles then I had 5 error for the exhaust fluid system. The truck has been out of service on and off for about 10 days and ford has not yet solves the issues. Ford is claiming that the banks ram air has damaged the system. which i can not believe. Now i have a cracked dpf which they claim was damaged by the banks ram air. Ford will do no more testing until i return the air intake to factory stock. I will do that now and see where this goes. i am also concerned about an emission systems putting the vehicle in limp mode. I feel this is unsafe and totaly unreasonable. Right now Ford will not warranty the dpf. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by triarr View Post
I have a 2012 F250 6.7 that has on it 29k miles i have installed a banks ram air and banks exhaust from the dpf back. I have had these two mods installed since the vehicle was new. The truck had no emission system issues until about 27k miles then I had 5 error for the exhaust fluid system. The truck has been out of service on and off for about 10 days and ford has not yet solves the issues. Ford is claiming that the banks ram air has damaged the system. which i can not believe. Now i have a cracked dpf which they claim was damaged by the banks ram air. Ford will do no more testing until i return the air intake to factory stock. I will do that now and see where this goes. i am also concerned about an emission systems putting the vehicle in limp mode. I feel this is unsafe and totaly unreasonable. Right now Ford will not warranty the dpf. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated
I hope they end up covering it for you, I don't see how either of your mods could cuase those issues. In the future return your truck to stock before taking it into the dealership. I have heard of them denying warrentys, for an exhaust tip before. It is of them to do it to loyal customers!

If they do not cover anything, it will probably be a helluva lot cheaper for you to get a tuner like Spartan (or H&S race tuner if you can find one) and just get rid of all the emmisions crap.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:10 PM

My truck is stock ('09) and I had the DPF replaced at the 30,000 mile service because it was cracked. There's been a few cases of cracked DPFs on the 6.4 trucks with even fewer miles than mine. If warranty didn't cover mine I would have deleted. The DPF in Canada is ~$2700 plus labor. It seems like dealerships hate to do warranty work as they aren't paid as well as straight labor and parts. Warranty shafts them on the reimbursement so it isn't worth their time. Any way to deny a claim or get you to leave is what they seem most interested in.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a 2012 6.7 (unmodified)(25509 miles) has been in shop 5 times for the DEF defaults. Reflashed/sensors replaced and entire DEF unit replaced 1900 miles ago--just towed off again for the 2nd time in 30 days--to Homestead, Fl. 3 hours from my location in Key West with me footing the tow bill up front--looks like this is my last Powerstroke after the last 7-8 I have purchased!! Ford has NO CLUE on how to handle a 35 year customer!! When they needed to replaced the unit they told me they could not get the part until 2/14/14. Melbourne has been useless!!
Old 01-29-2014, 02:45 PM

It's going to be hard when the manual states those items may void your warranty.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Where in the country are you ?? I got the placer part if its placer anything is CA ill sell you all my stock stuff DPF intake bla bla bla for an extremely reasonable deal or ill help ya delete hahaha
Old 03-09-2014, 06:07 AM

unfortunately, anything you do can/will void your warranty.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:56 AM

It's going to be tough getting it warrantied, good luck tho.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Save yourself anymore headaches.....DELETE!!
Old 05-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

my 2010 f450 craked a DPF and it ran wonderfully until i deleted it. it would only regen every 2,000 miles. i only deleted because i got a dpf delete for my birthday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6.7 dpf failures, 6.7 emissions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.