Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

TURBO HAS FAILED 19000 MILES

26K views 73 replies 33 participants last post by  Sierraflyfisher1 
#1 ·
Well here goes, 2011 f250, mini max w/dpf delete afe cold air intake. Jumped in the truck wednesday to go to store and made it about a mile and the turbo is done..... came around a corner and gave it throttle and nothing so I look at boost gauge and there is 0 boost, look in mirror and just solid smoke!
Going to return truck to stock and trailer it to dealer with the trusty 7.3
What a bummer, Ill keep you posted.:eek:hnoes::dis:

#3 ·
:popcorn2:

#7 ·
Returning to stock to try and get it warranty covered ( worth a shot)
Got almost already to go just waiting for a kidney stone to pass so I can finish.
The oil seal is out in the Turbo for sure, had a mess when I removed exaust and I have
checked all tubes and hoses and they are fine......... I do wish there was aftermarket options
so if its not warranty then I would go for it!

#11 ·
Interesting.:look:

#13 ·
You know, to those who jump in and give remarks pointing towards "warranty fraud," you know you'd do the same thing with your truck. I seriously doubt, and I'd put money on it, that you'd just walk in and say, I'll pony up on this one, since I tuned it. Grow up, if that's all you can say then it's best you don't even comment. Nothing but hypocrites post BS like that.

#14 ·
:eek:wned::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

#17 · (Edited)
You're welcome.. These people, I like to call them trolls, just want to stir the pot and piss people off. I wont tolerate it.. I've messed my truck up and taken it in for a warranty claim, and nothing was ever said. Was it fraud?? I suppose that's open to interpretation. The warranty act provides some protection to the consumer, but only in instances where the manufacturer can't PROVE without a doubt that the tuner or aftermarket part caused the failure. I feel that is very hard to do, and that's why the dealer rarely hassles the consumer. I love my truck, but I will be the first to say that I do not have 15K laying around for a new motor. I will use my warranty to its fullest..

#21 ·
You're the moderator?

Go ahead and call me a hypocrite and a troll, but I can guarantee you I'm neither and I'll be happy to take your money. I can take the heat and it won't change my stance on it.

You're DAMN right I'd own up and pay for it out of my pocket. I believe in a liitle thing called personal responsibility. Ive modded all kinds of stuff in my day, and I've never taken anything back to the dealer once I've modded it. I know that when I mod the truck all bets are off, and that's why mine will remain stock during the warranty period. If you're going to play, you better be prepared to pay, otherwise you've got no business doing it.

There's a reason these trucks cost so much and why Ford has clamped down so hard on warranty coverage lately and tuned trucks being taken in for warranty coverage is a big factor.

You guys can huff and puff all you want, but I'm right, and whether you want to admit it or not, you know it.

Waxy

#24 ·
:sofa::50cal:..... Duck and Cover DUCK AND COVER!!!! Robs got a lock on him!

#29 ·
Why put it stock? Because now a days the dealer takes pictures of every piece of warranty work to send to ford. So if it looks stock. Fords happy. Dealers happy and your happy in the end.

Effin calgarians

#33 ·
Why put it stock? Because now a days the dealer takes pictures of every piece of warranty work to send to ford. So if it looks stock. Fords happy. Dealers happy and your happy in the end.
You just made my point for me.

Why would Ford be unhappy if they saw pics of a modded truck? Why would the dealer be concerned about Ford seeing the mods if the warranty claim was legit?

Effin calgarians
I couldn't agree more lol, I can't wait to move back home.

Waxy

#34 ·
Well, I always put my truck back to stock if I take it for warranty work. The warranty is almost up (finally), but I didnt feel like I was doing anything wrong. I would leave the SCT in the passenger seat when I took it in :rofl::rofl:

Its more of a cat and mouse game between the dealers and corporate.

I used to work at a BMW dealer, and we used to take in modded bimmers all the time. If we didnt, that would have been a lot of money out of their pockets.

Honest or not, it's always been that way.

Moving on...

#36 ·
I don't understand why you're still in the thread and arguing about it. You've said your piece, so here's a novel idea, move on. If you're here to learn, then feel free to move on to another thread and learn something. You're not adding anything here, so feel free to kick rocks. If you're here to pick fights with mods and members, then you're not the kind of member that we need around here, try psn maybe you'll like it better.

#39 · (Edited)
The truth kinda struck a nerve Waxy.
Very unprofessional response from the mod.

#41 ·
Because he's a mod, he can't have or express his opinion? Since when did the men on this site get so sensitive? You guys should just pull a tissue out of your man-purse, dry your tears and move on.:wiggle:

#40 ·
Ya but He's just a Person before a Mod and He is calling it the way 99% of us do see it
and Like I stated in post 12 ,,

the dealer/Ford will hose you for any Mod they think they can get away with ,, without due Diligence .. just because it's modified in some way

even more aggressive stock sized tires have been a denial for a differential failure

This post has been deleted
#45 ·
OHHHHH, sorry, I wasn't aware of that fact. I cancelled my subscription to metrosexual weekly

#48 ·
LOL all in Good fun

I am sure there are two sides to this Warranty thing ,, and Sometimes Moderators go off ,, Big deal they are built from the same fabric as the rest of us Truck lovers ..

I have been Temp banned from Here for calling one out on a Rant lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.