change oil soon message - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
change oil soon message

I brought my truck in for the 20000 mile service and had the oil change , I have been using the ford semi synthetic which my dealer said is recommended. well with only 1800 miles since the service, the message center pops up and Say's change oil soon. wtf!.
when you change the oil do you have to reset the message center? I am thinking they forgot to do that. its going in this Monday to have them look at it along with the death wobble that started.would like to get some info before I seek to them and see if they give me a bull sht story so they can bill me. thanks Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes you have to reset the oil mider in the message center.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Unfortunately that gets missed way too often. I'm not gonna lie I've missed it before.

As for the death wobble... if it started after your last maintenance appointment I would double check and see what your front tire pressures got set at.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post
Unfortunately that gets missed way too often. I'm not gonna lie I've missed it before.

As for the death wobble... if it started after your last maintenance appointment I would double check and see what your front tire pressures got set at.
Sorry to hijack, but what pressures should we be looking for. Mine says in the door 75 front 60 rear and I'm at 80 front and 70 rear and my death wobble is horrible and has been for months . Two alignments, two trackbars, etc etc later it still does it, ALOT.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Powerstroke Techie

I run whats on the door sticker, but if you're up to max on the tire I don't think it's a tire pressure issue. I was just making the point before that low tire pressures can cause a death wobble. I have only dealt with one truck that had that issue so I'm not gonna claim to be an expert on it.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forddieseldoctor View Post

yes I had to add to the tire pressure wen I picked up the truck from service the truck felt spongy, so I check the pressure and they had it at 50psi front and back. So I inflated them to the door panel spec's . better ride but still have the wobble on slight left hand turns when hitting expansion joints in road. ?I'm going to bring it into ford Monday just to have them look at it and document it. if they cant fix it, I'm going to add the aftermarket kit and get rid of the ball joint set up. My tire dealer said he has a costumer with a brand new 2012 F350 with 1500 miles on it and has the death wobble, they change the trailing arm , checked tire pressure, balanced tires and still cant solve it. he wants me to send him the Webb site of the aftermarket kit.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Death wobble on a ford? Thought that only happened on Dodges? Is Ford trying to copy that Cummins performance soooo much that they even got the death wobble right?

Just kidding guys, I just had to! Seriously, I've never heard of a caster shake on Fords, is this something new on the latest super dutys?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
its been going on for a while in the super duty's
Old 03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Must be the ONLY reason for independant front suspension huh? I know when it happened on my Megacab it was always the steering stabilizer going bad. I'd guess it's different for each truck. Which sucks for diagnosing the issue.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Premium Member

here is the follow up with the service appointment. they changed the steering Damper which there was a TSB for. and check tire pressure, all seems fine so far, the steering seams to feel tighter, as for te message center displaying change oil after 2300 miles the service mach. forgot to reset it. all is fine . Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.