2011 F350 New motor @ 55K Blown up!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 F350 New motor @ 55K Blown up!!!

Everything I say can be backed up with documentation and video!!! There is a person who transports autos in NH and the same thing happened to him so BEWARE.
I used this truck to do transporting in the RV business. I was told by the dealer that the wiring harness got chaffed and didn't blow the fuse or relay. That is what caused the motor to blow up, HMMMMM. Litterly melted the glow plug beyond existence and the top of one piston. I was not able to see the damage for myself. I live in LA and this happened in Portland. 6 Days before Christmas 2010. I was told that they would install a completely new motor and would take 10-14 days. Received no help or compensation from ford to get home still to this day. I know what your thinking and nope your wrong, I bought the maintenance package for every 7,500 miles. And every service was done at a ford dealer within 500 miles of this interval. By the way several dealers missed things and I had to tell them what things get serviced. Including an Air Filter, which I had to pay for and then get reimbursed from the dealer who missed doing it. Way to go Ford and put the customer on the spot. $132.00 for one.

Back to my story of information. New plug and play motor put in and within the next 20K miles documented with video periodic situations of HORRIBLE MPG loaded and unloaded. Fords response the trucks computer is operating within the industries standards. My response was what are those standards so I know them. No Response. There’s nothing wrong with your truck according to the computer. I offered several times to show them the over 100 videos I have supporting what I have said and proving that its periodic. No ONE wanted to or DID watch not one video I have. There were times that I got 5 MPG empty no one cared enough to take me up on my offer.

Lemon Law is not effective because i used it for business and not personal. Better check the fine print of the warranty. I didn't know that Ford built 2 differant kinds of trucks those built and sold for personal use and those for business. Why would that matter, milage is milage. Becareful on what kind of remidie/help your looking for.

I welcome in having any correspondence with anyone who wants to address the “facts” . I will share any and all unaltered paperwork and video. I would love to know what anyone else has encountered as your mileage gets higher or if you had the same problem.

Last edited by TThrew; 11-06-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Winning DUHHH

Subscribing just for kicks, but beware...You may, and probably will get flamed from somebody here for writing that. I agree with you that Ford should help out...But that just makes two of us!

Sorry for the string of bad luck
Old 11-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Subscribed too. Haven't heard much bad about the 6.7 until this.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

So the wiring got rubbed through and that caused the glow plug to overheat and melt.....and that destroyed your motor.

Is that the basics of it?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide App
Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 PM

....75,0000 plus miles, drive it like I stole it, maintainence performed by ford, independants. Three sets of tires, damn the torque. I have pulled, over long distance, and have not any worse problems than having my fuel filters clogged from a bad load of fuel. I know of problems where engines have been replaced, know of maybe 2-3?? There is a commonality of that happening with every dealer. You joined to post this thread?? Not flaming, (troll indicator per the troll detectometer), it is interesting this occurred a year ago, and it shows up now. Don't get wrankled, possibly post a link to a website where your documentation could be posted??
Old 11-06-2011, 06:53 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Can you post a pic of your dead truck?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedPS View Post
Can you post a pic of your dead truck?

Seriously, gonna come on here, brand new, all sorts of claims, swear to have all sorts of proof, and not one shred of proof shown?

Post up or shut up.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:04 AM

Let's see the documentation . Proof is king
Old 11-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Premium Member

I'm challanged with the computer and how to do things with it.
I will get my proof posted soon and as i get help from my friend and also on youtube 9294 tom1 here is a video for now and a couple more
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
I see 11.6. That's a far cry from 5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.