Going to be honest with ya'll!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Going to be honest with ya'll!!!

Like my subject line says I'm going to be honest with ya'll. I am a troll looking for information for my dad's 6.7 diesel F350 2011 truck.

The truck was new and uses it to haul cattle from sell barns for people in Arkansas, apparently the engine blew up or out not sure which term is used correctly? He kind of made a tech geek instead of a farmer or trucker like him. So, the thing is that under warranty he got the new engine, but after that he has had problems as such: poor MPG, loss power and such, and constant errors. He has compared the poor gas mileage with that of a similar Dodge truck to the Ford 350; the Dodge is getting better fuel mileage that of the F350. He told me that Ford knows of these problems and had a tech come out to write a program for the computer, but the programer has not done a sufficient job. I still can not get a program to rectify these problems.

His dealership is giving him the run around and trying to get out of a lemon claim and blame him for the additional problem's that have happened since the new engine. With constantly being in the shop and losing money from his lively hood being a disable vet an all. I want to be able to help.

Question is have any of ya'll have this type of problems? If you have I would like to get some information that I can forwarded to him to help in maybe filing a lawsuit.

I understand if you don't want to reply to me cause I'm trolling and I'm not really a Ford type. I do like trucks and my first truck I ever drove was his GMC Sierra and love driving trucks since. I was probably 8 or 9 at that time. He sold his boat to buy me a 85' Toyota 4x4 when I had a bum car that I bought used. Loved that truck!

Anyway, I appreciate any and all information ya'll can give or share to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's not trolling, that's looking for information. You're kind and courteous about it and it should be welcomed. Good luck with it cause I don't know much about these.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have not had or heard of any problems that bad with the 6.7. It really sucks to hear that your dad is having problems. The first thing I would do is find another dealer. Law suit is not likely unless the same problem happens more then 3 times it a certian amount of time I believe its with in a year. Good luck TROLL haha
Old 10-10-2011, 07:50 AM

i have been keeping an eye on the boards for major problems ....and a lot (not all) of them seem to be comin from troll's these past few days, i hear rumors from dodge and chevy boys. I think alot of issues are coming from 2 things emissions equipment or failed matinence, there are alot of little things you need to keep up with as the owner, filters (2 fuel filter surprises most people), draining your water, oil, where you buy your fuel. So many factors add up, todays diesels are very owner active. Its not like it used to be where you could take ur 7.3 or 5.9 and forget about matinence and playing catch up every 6 months.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Welcome to the Forums. I'm not sure why your fathers engine did what it did, Unless he neglected to maintain it. I own a 2011 F250 with the diesel and have had only minor issues at that. To be able to claim that the vehicle is a lemon, it must first meet the required state minimums to qualify. Youd have to research that on your own. If, and I stress "If" it is deemed a lemon, the selling dealer would most likely have to buy the vehicle back, or replce it with another like vehicle meaning it has all the same options, as the one that is broken. Good luck with this as I've heard it can be a rather lengthy process. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Were here to help.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Lemon law is a very narrow criteria to meet. Since he uses it for business, it is likely that the Lemon Law does not apply.

CA's law states that a vehicle must be 3 years old or newer and have to go to the dealer 5 times or more and still have the same persisting problem. This is a quick overview of course. It only applies to vehicles for personal use. You will need to research this problem and speak with an attorney.

My dealer wouldn't fix my 08 F-250 with a blown headgasket, until finally I had to bring them a letter from the office of the attorney general of CA saying I had submitted a LL claim. That said, the process is typically very arduous. That applied the right amount of pressure to Ford Corporate to approve the replacement of my headgaskets.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Take a moment and read my entry. Just joined the website.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Having just bought one, I have had absoutely no problems what so ever, so this is not help at all. I appreciate your honest information gathering and I would not call you a troll.

The '85 Toyota was the perfect off road little truck. First year of the fuel injection and the last year of the solid front axle. Yup, great truck.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Serving Our Country!

Another guy posted on here about the same thing, and is having similar problems with his second motor (in 55,000 miles I believe). Maybe a programming issue dealing with getting the emissions and all the other systems in sync again? That's a big learning curve, and there are too many factors that can throw off something this complex. I'd like to hear from someone else who had their motor replaced and see if they had the same problem and if it got fixed or worked itself out.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi View Post
junk the truck and get a gas engine
Would someone ban this clown already?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.