keep 6.0 or get a 6.7 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 02:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question keep 6.0 or get a 6.7

I have a 2006 6.0 with 45,000 1 turbo under warr.would at this point have loved it,I hear alot of bad things on the 6.0 ,Was wondering if some one could give some insight on if I should keep my 6.0 or get the new 6.7 I have always been a ford guy wish the 7.3 was a option ? still own one of those till parts are no longer avl.Looking into a 2012 F-350 should I buy it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2011, 03:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm in the same boat as you. I have 50K on my 06 and was already at the dealer looking at trading it in. Mine has never been to the shop for anything. I have decided at this point to keep my 6.0 as I don't forsee any problems in the future. I hae bought the ScangaugeII and all the results are good on mine. As nice as the 2011 was that I looked at, MSRP of 61700, I personally think getting rid of my 6.0 now would be foolish on my part. I could of walked out the door with a fully loaded 2011 for 30300 with my truck on trade.

If you haven't got a Scangauge you should and see what your numbers are.

I think you posted in the wrong spot to.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks Ranger429,I'm sorry I'm new at this site ,Or do we spend the $5000.00 to correct the problems to the 6.0 not sure!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:17 AM

I have a 06, We have the new ones in the shop...I dont know 50 grand for almost a stripper when I bought my lariat for 30 out the door new.

Personally me, they are sick on the inside and look pretty good, but there is ALOT of monitoring systems on the truck...Which is fine and dandy, but for a newer truck I would wait and see what happens first with the new engine and truck design.

I can say Im glad I got a 6.0 instead of a 6.4 when they were the hot thing to have. Too many cab offs to count with the 6.4's
Old 09-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love the 6.0 but get that stc fitting off the back of that pump. at 45k the trucks barely broken in but they still have some weak spots (obviously)

I'd let the 6.7 go for a few years and see what these things do with some miles on them. we already know what the 6.0 is capable of
Old 09-04-2011, 05:17 AM

I have had both. I love my 6.7, however if I had the year you have I would spend the $ bulletproofing it and wait to see what the common problems will be on the 6.7. Its much cheeper to go that route than to buy a new truck. Good luck!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:49 PM

keep the 6.0, bulletproof it.. once you do egr delete and or studs are done you shouldnt have any problems. I miss my 6.0.. I have a 6.4 now.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:07 PM

Spend the 5k bulletproofing your truck and drive it for 400,000 miles. 5k is alot less than you will loose buying a new or newer truck.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM

i know the feeling my 04 has 65k. only thing you need to think about is the good trade in value it's only gona go down and the new trucks are just going up. if i'm gona do it it needs to be this year or my trade is gona dive.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdeuce View Post
i know the feeling my 04 has 65k. only thing you need to think about is the good trade in value it's only gona go down and the new trucks are just going up. if i'm gona do it it needs to be this year or my trade is gona dive.
BUT i love my 6.0 it's never let me down and gets the same mpg as average 6.7 are getting, and no emmisions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.