6.7L nothing but problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7L nothing but problems

My boss has a 2011 F250 King Ranch. I've never liked Ford, but this truck is pretty bad ***. About a month ago, my not liking Ford feelings got even stronger. The truck is at 25,xxx miles and has been sitting in the dealer for more than a month now. He's had it for a couple months now, at 1,000 miles they had to replace the fuel pump because it was making some really weird sounds. We noticed that it was saying water in fuel too often, was using too much DEF and was shifting really hard. A little more than a month ago, we we're pulling up to a light and the truck shook like it had a misfire and shut off. He tried starting it and it would just crank. we drained the water, took off the batteries and still nothing. We had it towed to the dealer. A couple days later, they advised that they took a fuel sample and it smelled like alcohol. They sent the sample to be analyzed and said it was OK and that Ford had authorized to have the fuel pump replaced, again, clean the fuel lines and replace injectors, which needed the cab to be lifted. Today I get a call from the dealer, he advised me that when they started taking things apart to replace them, they noticed the fuel water separator, lines, injectors, manifold were all rusted. He said when parts are rusted like that, FORD doesn't cover anything and the bill would be out of pocket (right around $12,000). Let's say my boss is NOT HAPPY after paying a little more than $65,000 for this truck. The dealer is going to be getting a nice call from a lawyer very soon. Sorry for making this so long, but I can't believe FORD will not stand behind it's product. The truck has had an oil change with fuel filters every 3,000 miles, as soon as it says fuel in water, its drained. This is his truck.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 03:59 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Why would they call YOU if it's your boss's truck?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Wow, that sucks!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
KING of BLING!

Does this truck have a bullydog tuner or just a stupidly huge bullydog emblem on the passenger fender for the hell of it?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My boss is pretty busy, I'm the contact at the dealer. Truck is stock, he liked the bulldog..
Old 08-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Something is missing from this. And the rust.....whats that about?
Old 08-30-2011, 04:40 PM

Maybe your Boss has a ex-employee with a revenge problem! heard of this before! or bad fuel stations or if you fill from a bulk tank! I would not want to pay for a truck that has water the fuel system! that's not fords fault!!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

According to the dealer it's from too much water in the diesel. What my boss is pissed at is that FORD doesn't stand by it's product. If the sensor on the separator went bad and wasn't reading the water in fuel level correctly it should have given a code or something. The truck has had diesel from gas stations like any other truck in it since the day it got delivered. Never mistreated, towed light trailers every once in a while. Diesels are supposed to be the toughest things out there, at 25,xxx miles, it shouldn't need a $12,xxx repair, specially since the Scorpion engine was tested so much. I was looking around the site and see people all sorts of problems with them. I understand it's a first year truck on the road, but if it's been tested so much, it should be close to bullet proof. Unless they had all sorts of failures while testing them and never fixed any of the problems.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm probably going to swing by the dealer tomorrow and take some pics of the rusted parts.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:52 PM

I smell a troll.
The Following User Says Thank You to screamin7.3 For This Useful Post:
Arhaifa (12-28-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.