Rod knock? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:55 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Rod knock?

I hope its not what the title says but I have a problem. When the truck is warm it has a fairly loud ticking noise in the bottom end and increase repetition with engine speed. the first time it did it it was so loud you couldn't even hear the truck running and now seems to have quieted some. Any opinions? I'm afraid to drive it and called my dealer and they said it most likely blown up and have no explanation why. the truck has been babied since new and has hauled one heavy load since I bought it. They also said if it requires an engine they will not replace it and claims ford said they are to overhaul it I'm at a loss guys this is sickening. The truck has 16k miles on it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011, 06:00 PM

Also should add it has two egr related codes
P0403
P042E

Check engine light is on constant not flashing (for you guys that know what I'm talking about)
Old 05-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Any updates???

Hopefully that big Stroker isn't getting ready to give up the ghost.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:51 PM

Took it to the guys at husker diesel and they are taking the egr apart to clean it to get the codes to go away. I knew it was a mistake doing a dpf delete on a brand new truck No one will warranty it I'm afraid. Returned it back to stock and been driving that way for 400 miles now and the noise is still there but not as prominent
Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 PM

...my thoughts? If it is something serious you want the problem now. I would get a second opinion from a second dealer, if they say 'it ain't broke, we have nothing to fix', I would cease to baby it... I would load it up, nail it, stress the drivetrain the way it was engineered to be driven. This is a worktruck powertrain and is engineered to haul equipment in 115 degree temps up an incline...working. If at that point it breaks, call Ford, let them pick it up, and call you when its ready.
My .03 cents, I have pushed this truck harder, longer than any other truck I have owned, it is an awesome powertrain. I would not hesitate to work it...for a .03 cent opinion, you also have the value!!
If Ford says it isn't a problem, I would grab their card, say thank you and roll...working it.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
...my thoughts? If it is something serious you want the problem now. I would get a second opinion from a second dealer, if they say 'it ain't broke, we have nothing to fix', I would cease to baby it... I would load it up, nail it, stress the drivetrain the way it was engineered to be driven. This is a worktruck powertrain and is engineered to haul equipment in 115 degree temps up an incline...working. If at that point it breaks, call Ford, let them pick it up, and call you when its ready.
My .03 cents, I have pushed this truck harder, longer than any other truck I have owned, it is an awesome powertrain. I would not hesitate to work it...for a .03 cent opinion, you also have the value!!
If Ford says it isn't a problem, I would grab their card, say thank you and roll...working it.
Did you miss the part where he might have voided his warranty why cause more problems that could cost him more money in the long run. To the op why do a dpf delete and keep the egr crap.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
Took it to the guys at husker diesel and they are taking the egr apart to clean it to get the codes to go away. I knew it was a mistake doing a dpf delete on a brand new truck No one will warranty it I'm afraid. Returned it back to stock and been driving that way for 400 miles now and the noise is still there but not as prominent
Are you saying the warranty has been voided because of your DPF Delete?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Yes warranty is void. sorry it took so long to update been busy in the field. Truck is still in the shop and their working on it as we speak. I didn't want to do the egr delete for this reason: its just more crap to have to reinstall when a problem arises. Knock has calmed down some but is still there. Forgot how big of a pooch this thing was stock lol
Old 06-01-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richc22a View Post
Oh trust me, this thing is by no means babied. after the first 6k it was game on
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM

Update: Truck is now Ford as of yesterday. They called this morning and said the entire egr system grenaded. They are still trying to find all the pieces from the cooler and will have me a new system by tomorrow morning and should have me running again by the end of the week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.