intermitent power loss and loud knocking noises - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
intermitent power loss and loud knocking noises

I have been having loss of power and loud noises (sounds like a 92 Dodge diesel ) the noises and the power loss are totally random and come and go at their own intervals. I have been to 2 dealerships 4 times now, with NO (ZERO) help or remedy. the check engine light came on 4-1-11 they say it is a NOx sensor fault but they will not replace it. They say Ford is aware of the problem. This does me no good....
I have never had an issue when the temperature was below 27 degrees F. Anything above this I can have the issues.
When it is under load pulling my trailer it has no power unless it is matted to the floor but even then it is low power and loud knocking...

don't know what to do....

I am very unhappy with my new ride. I am hoping that Ford will step up and take it back from me and use it as there research vehicle, I dont have the time to do it for them, I just wanted to buy a dependable powerful vehicle.. I think I got the Lemon.. I have talked to 2 people who have not had issues with theirs.

I want out.. any advise?

thanks, dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

Have you called Ford directly? I would try them next and get some fires lit.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:24 PM
The Warden

Yeah man go to ford if dealer is not helping. I may be wrong,but I believe ford has to make everything right with these trucks. One unhappy costumer is unacceptable. Good luck
Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 PM

****ty to hear man, my 2 suggestions are #1 find a good dealership #2 get ahold of ford directly
hope it works out for ya
Old 04-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks guys

Guys thanks for the advise. I thought the dealers were the right thing but it seems you all are right, I got a phone number from the dealer after I picked up the truck today, it seems the dealership doesn't know their you know what from a hole in the ground. I will call
ford direct tomorrow and see if I can open a complaint and get some action. The dealer told me that since it is a new motor that I need to be patient and expect problems, it was all i could do to not tell him to @@ck off! I am not the R&D department from Ford and if they want to pay me for it then I would be patient, until then I need my truck right or I don't want it any more.
thanks again guys.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:31 PM

Is the ford customer service rep on this site?

He seems to be able to help out.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Serving Our Country!

You know what they say, squeakiest wheel gets oil. Just keep pesterin ford until they make this right, dont take no for an answer!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

you guys are right

I will need to squeak until they get sick of me. I have started with this yesterday. thanks to you all, I will update when I know something.
Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 AM

My new 2011 dually does the exact same thing. My best friend has 6 new 6.7's in his work fleet. 4 of the 6 also are doing the same thing. Apparently it IS the NOX sensor that has become a wide spread problem. When mine warms up, it sound like my 03 6 liter and has sluggish performance. Ford is working on a redesign - but it is not out yet. Rediculous.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Derekwitt. Its a new engine, what do you expect. Sure they are going to get things right but of coarse there are going to be things ford needs to look into. Its the risk you take buying the first year of anything. I know its aggravating and you paid alot for your truck just be sure to get on the list and make some noise and things will get taken care of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.