Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Don't blow up your 6.7L

59K views 77 replies 40 participants last post by  rufushusky 
#1 ·
I found out there are only two crate 6.7L's in the country. And they're a hefty 19 grand a piece. Hope nobody needs a new engine soon! :nod:

#2 ·
would warranty not cover a truck that new? heck mines an 03 and still under the 100,000 mile warranty

#4 ·
yep, and i pay "gap" and some other junk so its still covered, my mom is my insurance agent im frankly not sure how i got around that one

i know i payed for extended warranty when i bought it........i think

hell youve done got me confused, im calling my mom to figure out

#6 ·
yea i know that, but im still covered under the origional manufacturers warranty, not quite sure how but ill figure out if it bugs yall that bad

#8 ·
yea good point! im pretty sure its a 100,000 mile something heck idk now yall got me confused

it may just be some make shift warranty the dealership gave me idk

#10 ·
I was just saying. I dunno about warranty or whatever lol, but I do know, there are only two "engine assemblies" of the Scorpion in the USA right now. Even if it's warranty... there's only two. Haha

#19 ·
Don't you have anything better to do than troll the Powerstroke forums. Do you also bug the Chevy guys? Theres been one bad 6.7 PS that we've heard of and thats Mysticblu999's. How many 6.7 Cummins have there been? Oh, that's right, they stopped counting. Just go away.

#20 ·
Na, don't bug the Duramax guys, i am one of those guys, their diesel is proven reliable,and their trans is superior to all , my 07 LMM 2500 HD is still running like the day i bought it.,had not one problem and 210,000 miles (original DPF/EGR intact as well).Only thing that wore out was the idler arm and rear brakes, still has original front brakes. Its going to my brother soon when my 2011 Denali HD shows up.:woot: Cummins rarely blows an engine, even though they have produced MILLIONS. We all know Cummins is the most loved diesel, even Ford has to use them in thier medium duty and bigger trucks because it is a medium duty diesel and the powerstroke is a light duty diesel. Do some research and see why Ford uses Cummins instead of powerstroke in their medium duty trucks, gotcha on that one, course you started it, i finished it. :bump:

#31 ·
Aren't those a little more powerful? Like a DT466 range?:dunno:

#30 ·
The powerstroke as found in the light duty line is designed just for that, a light duty diesel. The 7.3 and 6.0 were used extensively in internationals medium duty lines, just a few differences. VT365 and T444E ring a bell?

#32 ·
Ya thats the IH name for the psd. T444e are 7.3s and VT 365 are the 6ohs. the 6.4 is a name I cant remember atm.

Aren't those a little more powerful? Like a DT466 range?:dunno:
Prolly. But there was a F650 here at our ford dealer. crewcab with a bare frame for a box or something. It had a Cat 7.2L in it with some Ultra Heavy Duty trans.

#35 ·
650 and up can have the ISC 8.3L cummins. Cat isn't offering the C7 anymore or any engine for that matter. Ford hasn't made a medium duty engine since the 6.6 and the 7.8 from Brazil. They did run 7.3's in the 650's for a while though.

#36 ·
Ford used Cat, and still uses Cummins in their F650 and up models because none of it is made by Ford. It is an International truck, built by International and branded with Ford. They service these trucks at heavy truck service centers and typically the diesel mechanics that work there are going to be able to jump from a DT466 or Cat 1302 to a Cummins 6BT or 8.3 easier than going to a V8. Their mechanics aren't trained to work on a Powerstroke or a Duramax.

I thought whitenite owned a Dodge because he was praising their exhaust brake on another post, that would be better than what he does own. I truly don't know how they can call a vehicle with independent front suspension "heavy duty". You don't see semis with IFS, or tow trucks, are any commercial vehicle really. At least Dodge still has their head screwed on straight in that department. Have fun with your girl truck, whitenite. Ford still has the title of being the most heavy duty pickup on the market, they continue to one up Chevy and always will. Ford takes care of their customers and that in turn brings loyalty. There's plenty of guys on here that have moved up in the world from Dodge and Chevy and now drive Fords. I don't hear too much going the other way and I'm a member of Cummins Forum and one of the Duramax forums (but I don't go on there and rag on em like you do here). Let us know when you buy a REAL truck, we will probably welcome you here with open arms.

#37 ·
Will all respects i do not think intl builds or has ever built medium duty trucks for Ford. If so could you please show me some proof? Ford has been building medium (F600-F700) and heavy duty trucks (L8000 L9000) for a long time until the sterling line came out then freightliner took over the class 8 sector of Ford. I have never seen 1 single part on an f650 that said intl on it other than when they put 7.3's in them. Also what is a Cat 1302? Never heard of that one. 3116, 3126 B-E, 3306, 3176, 3406 A-B-C-E, then the C series.

#40 ·
Yep i found that. It wasn't until 2001 that they did it. It looks like what happened is when they sold off the class 8 sector to freightliner they joined up with intl for the class 6-7 sector. Thanks for pointing that out. I stand corrected on that issue. I probably read about it at some point and totally spaced it out. I can't find out if they are still building for them or not. I wonder if they are after the split between the 2 over the PSD engine issues?

#42 ·
No problem. I knew I read it somewhere, but you had me second guessing myself there (thanks jasonmt). I meant to type Cat 3116 but I was using my iPhone and my fingers are fat and I didn't proof read my post, so my mistake there. You are correct.

My guess would be that Ford is kind of split on the issue of the 650 and 750. I wonder if they'll quit having a medium duty truck or start putting there own motor in it. Time will tell.

#46 ·
i read somewhere that ford plans on putting their gas motors in their medium duty trucks in the near future

#53 ·
150k is impressive! :thumb: What kind of car? Driven by grandma to church or by Earnhart Jr to deliver pizzas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.