6.7 Opinion Poll - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Motor Problems 6.7 Motor Problems

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.7 Opinion Poll

whats the general consensus on the 2011? I have 6.4 2008 that is leaking oil like a sieve (O ring dip stick gasket changed twice, as well as rear main replaced twice. cant seem to solve probllem. dealer working with me, suppossed to pick up 2011 in mid aug. any reported problems out there? i heard the urea system had some issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Love mine over the 08 6.4l I had,do it and you'll be very happy you did IMOP.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks for the reply. hopefully by mid august i should have the new one
Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 PM

1600 miles and I am real happy about the move from 08 6.4 to 11 6.7. Hate to sound on the band wagon but Ford started something good in 08 with the new body and put a ribbon on it in 11 with this new engine, a/c seats and microsoft. Only time will tell if this truck will hold up. The two big giant cup holders, made for a true king, in the 08 were they best I have ever used and wish I could of fit them in my 6 passenger 2011. Anybody order a six passenger, be advised there is no a/c electric plug in cab nor any air vents behind the front middle seat. I was fine with it when receiving truck, but was just suprised.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donzi75 View Post
1600 miles and I am real happy about the move from 08 6.4 to 11 6.7. Hate to sound on the band wagon but Ford started something good in 08 with the new body and put a ribbon on it in 11 with this new engine, a/c seats and microsoft. Only time will tell if this truck will hold up. The two big giant cup holders, made for a true king, in the 08 were they best I have ever used and wish I could of fit them in my 6 passenger 2011. Anybody order a six passenger, be advised there is no a/c electric plug in cab nor any air vents behind the front middle seat. I was fine with it when receiving truck, but was just suprised.
can you post pics? and do you like the 08 seats or the 11 i heard some ppl dont like the 11 seats they say they are too soft
Old 07-16-2010, 10:26 AM

black leather in mine with solid silver paint. Has yet to be washed in 1600 miles and is patiently waiting at a dusty heliport for my return. No pics of the truck, but will get some upon my return. The 11 seat backs have electric button lumbar support and I prefer the new seats to the 08, but the 08 seats were also comfortable imo.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXTsuperduty View Post
can you post pics? and do you like the 08 seats or the 11 i heard some ppl dont like the 11 seats they say they are too soft
thats just crazy talk lol my 08 harley seats were way softer than the 11 seats . IMO they are way more comfy and air conditioned too
Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to generalee31184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerimelea View Post
whats the general consensus on the 2011? I have 6.4 2008 that is leaking oil like a sieve (O ring dip stick gasket changed twice, as well as rear main replaced twice. cant seem to solve probllem. dealer working with me, suppossed to pick up 2011 in mid aug. any reported problems out there? i heard the urea system had some issues.
Base plate gasket on the bottom of motor was the oil leak on mine. There is an update to the gasket or something when they install. Mine was done back in Jan. and has not leaked a drop since knock on wood.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:27 PM

What your experiences with the MPG on the 2011(not towing) ? Does the 2wd get better MPG than 4wd ?
I really like the 2011 and like to get one in two weeks(waiting for labor day incentives ) I currently have an 05 6.0 and gets 16-18 mpg(not towing)and I really like that
Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Had mine two months and 3100 miles, Awesome Truck, no regrets!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.