20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 Old 12-19-2016, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2017 powestroke problem

Just purchased a new 2017 Ford F250 Platinum with the powerstroke. The motor has a knock that they tried to fix by tuning. It didn't work and now they want to replace the motor. The vehicle was delivered to me with this defective powerstroke engine. I think they should buyback the defective truck and provide me with a new one. I've had the truck for just over a month. Wondering if anyone else is dealing with a defective powerstroke??
Also thought anyone considering a 2017 Ford HD truck should be aware of my experience with ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 12-20-2016, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Look, if it bothers you that you are going to have a brand new vehicle with an engine swap under your belt that quickly speak up. If it was me they would definitely be either replacing my truck with a new one or be providing me with a comparable rental and giving me and extended warranty on the truck for my troubles. Ultimately it comes down to what you are ok with it. Obviously they are trying to do the right thing. It's up to you at this point to make known what will make things right with you.
BRAVOF250 likes this.
post #3 of 47 Old 12-20-2016, 10:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Definitely agree with the above comment. Speak up immediately if it bothers you.
ropegun2k likes this.

Aim Small...Miss small

post #4 of 47 Old 12-21-2016, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

2017 Powestroke Problem

Thanks for your thoughts. I've spoken up. I'm waiting for the third manager from Ford customer service to call me. They are adament that Ford is only prepared to replace the engine. The truck is never as good after an engine swap as one from the factory. I absolutely cannot settle for a brand new truck that needs the engine replaced. Replacing the engine drastically reduces the value of the truck. I'm preparing a letter to the board of directors at Ford. Also getting advice from some consumer protection agencies. The right thing is for ford to provide me with what I payed for- a new truck free from any major defects, an engine that I payed extra for is as major as it gets.
I will soon post a video on YouTube so everyone can hear the defective 2017 Powerstroke.
post #5 of 47 Old 12-21-2016, 06:41 AM
I Like Shiny Things :)

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
It may also be worth it to speak to an attorney, present your case and the terms of your warranty, and see if they think any lemon laws apply.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2005 King Ranch F-350: Studded and O-Ringed, BPD Oil Bypass, 205/30s, KC S2R Ball Bearing Turbo, ODAWG Ported Manifold, 4" TB Exhaust, No Limit Intake, Billet Torque Converter, BPD FICM, BPD Water Pump
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.5" Leveling Kit, 35s, Fusion Bumpers, ProTech Headache Rack, OnBoard Air, and a few other goodies
post #6 of 47 Old 12-22-2016, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
This happened on the explorer forum I belong to. Had less then 300 miles on a 17 Sport and there was an issue with the timing chain. Ford replaced the motor in under 10 days, paid for an Explorer rental, paid 1 months payment and all is well.

Sorry but I don't think Ford owes you to buy it back. A warranty is a warranty, their obligation is to replace the defective part, not the whole vehicle.

15 6.7 F350 CCSB 4x4 Platinum Bronze Fire
Husky mats, all LED interior, Nushield for MFT, Bakflip F1 with Bakbox 2, Dieselsite fuel filter, DeeZee tailgate assist, Hellwig Rear Sway bar, Bilstein 5100s

**Support the Online Vendors!!! Want your best price, buy from Scott Pratt!! Get your truck in 3-4 weeks, order to delivered!!

Last edited by blwnsmoke; 12-22-2016 at 04:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blwnsmoke For This Useful Post:
msrockyblue (02-25-2017)
post #7 of 47 Old 12-23-2016, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

LouisF250

That's fine to each his own.
Of the more than 200 people that know of this situation your the only one that thinks Ford should not replace the truck. Consider that if I were to sell this vehicle with a replaced motor I would probably get 50% of the value compared to the same truck without any issues. Automatically I'm out 10 's of thousands of dollars. Ford did not provide me with the value I payed for. Also, because the truck was delivered with a defective powerstroke Saftey is a concern. A blown engine at highway speeds with a heavy trailer could be disastrous. This manufacturers defect that was present on day one is unacceptable. " A warranty is a warranty" agreed, nothing is perfect. I can understand minor defects, even more major problems later on but a deceive powerstroke, decreased value and a Saftey concern on day one, uanacceptable! There are always problems with engine swaps ( leaks, noises....). I purchased a new vehicle to avoid such problems.
My intent was not to debate my issue. It was to inform anyone thinking of a 2017 Ford HD with a powerstroke of this potential problem.
I'm not looking for support either, I have Lawyers, 2 consumer protection agencies and one government agency for that.
My next post will be just to inform anyone interested in watching the YouTube video and listening to this motor.
I strongly recommend watching it to anyone considering a new Ford .
Merry Christmas to all ( even the social media team at Ford, only they would push for the warranty option).
post #8 of 47 Old 12-23-2016, 08:02 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
I'd like to see the video if possible
Rattlesnake18 likes this.

the richest ones are not those who have the most, but those who need the least

**i don't use capitals. deal with it**
post #9 of 47 Old 12-23-2016, 08:23 PM
RIP Cam!

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Video please...

2004 F250 CC Lariat 4x4

BPD FICM, BPD billet water pump, BPD VK688 oil cooler kit, S&B CAI, MTW stage 2, TSD tunes, Auto Meter gauges, Edge CTS, Sinister coolant filter, Blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, Straight piped w/ 6" single mitre stack, Pro Comp leveling kit, 05-07 HD headlights, Xenon-Vision 5k HIDs, Fumoto block drain valves, ELC, High idle mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaguire View Post
I'm guessing that you didn't lose nearly as much as it appeared. Spills are like that. The last beer that I spilled was like a million ounces.
post #10 of 47 Old 12-24-2016, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

LouisF250

Due to holiday travel the YouTube video will be posted later next week, sorry for the delay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode