Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2015 6.7 rough/misfire for 1 sec every ~20 minutes

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jblosser 
#1 ·
Just purchased this truck and the next day this started. Ford observed the problem but have not been able to record it and there are no diagnostic trouble codes. I suggested they look at TSB 16-0041, ford mentioned it was superseded, but I didn't get the number. The description is right on however the exhaust regeneration process is not going on so it doesn't match. Ford said they reprogramed the PCM and the issue still occurs. Anyone had similar problems. 56K miles.

#2 ·
get Forscan and a OBD dongle. Do some recording. Id like to see timing, fuel contribution and few other things during this. Forscan is free. The OBD dongle is less than 30 bucks.

You can use it with your phone but prefer a laptop for recording plus you get more info.

But if its warranty then i would let them tackle it. Unless you are curious or wanting to monitor temps and stuff anyway.

#3 ·
What you describe Ford should be able to do right? They did tell me they were not able to record it, but by what you say I think you mean this would be on the whole time while driving the truck so it should be recorded. Is that correct? Thanks for responding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.