Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2012 F250 white smoke

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jvest 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 F250 6.7 full delete. EGR removed with block off plates, 5in Full exhaust, SCT tuner with innovative tunes. Yesterday I was backing into a spot and all of the sudden a cloud of white smoke. Tapped on the peddle and again same thing. Now I can see white smoke at idle. I'm freaking out. Truck now has 81,000 miles I deleted at about 49,000. I read and spoke with another member that had the same problem. His tunred out to be his CCV delete line was pinched closed. I do not have the CCV delete. Is it possible that the CCV sensor is bad or the CCV Box is clogged. I'm really hoping is nothing major. Fingers crossed. There is no CEL or coolent loss. Help!!

#2 ·
Did you ever figure this one out. I'm having a similar white smoke issue. At idle it's a white haze and when you take off from an idle you get a large burst of white smoke for maybe 5 seconds. Only does this at normal operating temps.

Thanks,
jim

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yep, let me know if the turbo resolves it. I was debating on replacing the CCV box, but will hold off. I've been looking for an excuse to purchase the 15 turbo conversion, so now may be the time.

Thanks again,
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.