Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

CEL after Delete

21K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Kaakau620 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I need some advice/input. SO after a friend of mine did a dpf/cat delete a CEL popped up. It happens to be crankcase ventilation circuit connector high P04e3 is the code I believe. Well I find it weird that I didn't have this until I did the delete. do you think its tune wise or something just so happened to go out on a vehicle with 2,000 miles?

#2 ·
Do you have a tuner on it? 6.4's and 6.7's have to be tuned after the DPF delete because it will throw a code otherwise..

#3 ·
I have delete tunes along with programmer

#5 ·
Nope sct live wire. The person who wrote my tune is trying to fix the problem. Apparently this happened last week as well. Good news is it doesn't go into limp mode so it's not that big of an inconvenience

#6 ·
What year is the truck? It's likely your friend deleted/disconnected the CCV at the intake. If a 14+ truck, it has a sensor on it that detects if it is disconnected. Will throw a CEL but not a limp. Take a look here...and if your CCV is in fact disconnected/deleted, I advise reconnecting it and keeping that part stock. CCV is finiky on newer diesels, best to leave it stock so the crank case does not get over pressurized.

#7 ·
I watched that video, and I am not sure what year that is mine is a 16. I looked for that sensor for 30+ min yesterday and its nowhere to be found? I am not mechanically inclined either.

#11 ·
This is where I think the sensor should be on that video correct?

Attachments

#12 ·
Yes it should be on that end. But that's looking a little different from 11-15 superduties if that's going into the intake. Should have a twist connect fitting on it. Can't get my bearings from that picture but looks kind of right.

#13 ·
Well I took it to my buddy who works at the ford dealership, and apparently none of the 16's have the CCV sensor? So the person who wrote my tune is doing everything in their power to fix the problem!! They have been more than helpful. We even checked the PCM connector and where Ford said the sensor should be there is no Pin in the PCM connector. So just kind of weird all the way around even on Ford's part!

#14 ·
Well after 1-1/2 days, got the problem solved! no more CEL. The co. that wrote me the tune was awesome, they worked with me every step of the way. Were patient even if I wasn't! Props to quicktricks

#18 ·
If you look up a few posts you have to go back to your tuner and have him write that sensor out of your tune since you don't have it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.