6.7 Motor Problems (2011-2016) 6.7 Motor Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 12-06-2015, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oil leak from Turbo

Hi there, I have a 2011 F-350 and I have discovered an oil leak coming from a line going into the turbo. As I was searching for the leak I discovered a mouse nest down in the valley. I was able to use two long skinny metal shanks like a huge set of chopsticks and I was able to get the nest out, and it was slick with oil. As I followed one of the lines going into the turbo I was able to slowly spin a piece of the part that attaches the line to the turbo itself. I am not familiar with what is used to attach the line, but there appears to be a large nut in close to the turbo, but the piece that moves is next to the nut. I am not sure if its a seal, or if its meant to be loose?? Any thoughts??

I will do my best to get a photo but I was curious to get any information this group might have with what I am dealing with here. Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-08-2015, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
last year mine developed an oil leak, at first I though it might be the rear main. My having been under extended warranty still I brought it to the dealer, they replaced a couple lines that came as a kit, apparently ford knows of this issue. I couldn't tell you any more other than I bet your dealer would know where its leaking from.

2016 F350 DRW Platinum
post #3 of 6 Old 12-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hello
my truck is a 2011 f250 with 68000 miles i was changing the oil when i noticed the oil pan was covered in oil upon further investigation the oil seemed to come from the front mid section of the motor but cant tell from where so i called the dealer to see what my options were turns out my warranty had just expired
so i ask if they had any idea what this might be , but according to them they never had problems with the 6.7 . dose any one have any information on to what this might be anything would really help out .

post #4 of 6 Old 03-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

daddyone

More likely its your oil line to the turbo that has a fitting connected to it. I just took my F 350 2011 in for the recall on the module. And ask them to look at the leak. Come to fine out that it was the oil line to the turbo and coolant line to the turbo. I notice i was loosing coolant also. The both have fittings on them. The dealership want to charge me about $800 for fixing them. My so call "powertrain" warranty did not cover it. So its left up to me to do it myself or get them to do it. Well by researching my understanding this is very common on the 6.7 and also found out that its very easy to do. So if you know anything about vehicles you can replace them yourself. Youtube have video on how to replace it. I will doing it myself. The fittings cost only $5 or $6 bucks for both and the lines are around 15$.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-15-2017, 08:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, I just found out on my 2012 F350 / 6.7 turbo coolant fitting is leaking... Ford dealer wanted $1550 to replace line and fitting all over $3 fitting!!! My so called awesome E/W denied coverage, of course! Pretty sure I can tackle this project. Have watched few videos, question, should I drain coolant prior to removing line attached to block and if so will I have to complete coolant flush after I complete job? Since i'm doing this might as well do oil line and fittings... Same question do I need to drain oil first?

Little extra help here...
post #6 of 6 Old 02-16-2017, 08:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

HELP, need some more info on above message... Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode