First truck to upgrade - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 09:10 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First truck to upgrade

I know there is probably a thread 10 pages back so I'm sorry. It's my first truck where is a good place to buy wheels tires and a leveling kit. Always had to buy for cars before. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2014, 09:26 AM
-POWERJOKER-

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bought all my wheels, tires, suspension components, and truck accessories through 4 Wheel Parts. The only modifications I went elsewhere for were HID conversion, paint/wrap, and unlawful performance upgrades.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

eBay, Amazon etc...google it and take your pick of the available options.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:00 PM
-POWERJOKER-

In my experience, there is an advantage of having a nation-wide company as the middle-man between you and the manufacturer. Of the few times that I've ordered directly to myself, there have been multiple occasions where I could have avoided headache by letting my distributor deal with the dispute or issue for me. I suppose it depends on what you're purchasing though.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:29 PM
<b>Premium Member</b>

Maybe 4 Wheel Parts are better now, but 6-8 yrs ago, they weren't that great, esp their customer service. About that long ago, I tried buying wheels through them, first set, only 3 came, and all were scratched real bad, sent them back, they apologized. Second set all were there, but 2 looked exactly like the ones I sent back. So after 3 times I had 3 wheels in good shape the fourth had some scratches but not as bad as before. I also got screwed on a set of Interco tires for my 1/2 ton Chevy, they were a brand new model, some type of highway mud terrainNOT. They were supposed to get 30K, at least thats what the BS article said. They only made it to 12K, then I got duped by the tire manufac. to buy another set half off with free freight, thought good deal. Second set had to go to 3 dealerships and 2 Semi shops to get the tires properly balanced. Finally got them somewhat balanced, and the tech said that the tread is starting to seperate @ 6K. So on a trip south, one of them decided to come almost completely off, was able to change it out before disaster, and got rid of them at NTW in WV.

Sorry to the OP for the rant and tangent.

Like I said maybe they've changed. But I was going to say try Top Gun Customz
Old 03-26-2014, 04:47 PM
-POWERJOKER-

Wow. That's no good at all. I should clarify that I don't speak for all 4 Wheel Part locations. I may just be lucky by having a guy at my 4 Wheel Parts who's taken an interest in my truck and will go the extra mile to make things right for me. Now that I think of it, there have been many occasions where my guy had to make things happen that were not necessarily approved by the store manager. That's why I only speak to my guy when having something done to my truck over there. Also, I like being able to discuss with someone in person opposed to phone or email. Discount Tire would be a good place to buy tires. It's nice going through places that'll price match.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 PM

Biggreen I know it had nothing to do with my ? But that was horrible story lol sorry about your bad luck. I was just curious I haven't found many places that offer tire and wheel packages. There are plenty of places out there though just got to keep browsing.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

To the OP, not sure where you live, but you can also give National Tire and Wheel a try. They are located out of Wheeling, WV. I have had great luck out them. I too, have had good luck out 4-wheel parts, but that was out of the Indy store. Happy hunting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.