A.R.E toppers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A.R.E toppers

Anybody have experience with the MX series of A.R.E toppers and if so how do you like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 09:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have a CX, basically the same shell, only cab height. Had it for about a year now, no problems, great shell. No leaks, no fitment issues.

I got it with windoors on both sides which really helps with access into and out of it for loading/unloading small things.

Color match was good (Vermilion Red). Overall I'm real happy with it
Old 03-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had the CX on my old F-150. I upgraded the side windows to go w/ frameless. Color match was perfect and fitment was great. Loved it. Don't think I'm going to put a cap on my new 250, but if I were, it would be the ARE.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:49 PM

Thanks guys.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had an ARE on my titan. It leaked immediately. In the end I think it was my fault for installing it on top of the plastic bed rails from the factory. What wasn't my fault was electronic lock on the back window. I had the topper for 5 years. The lock worked on and off for a total of 6 months. I had it in half a dozen times and they could never get it to work right. Also, when it froze outside, moisture would get into the key hole so I couldn't even use my key. The rubber strip that goes between the big side window and the little movable side window came loose on both sides. And finally....we had very cold temperatures in Dec. Somehow the cold weather shattered my rear window into a million pieces while it sat in the driveway. I don't remember what model I had, but it was the frameless side and rear windows. I called the dealer about replacing the rear window and he told me 800 bucks because it was frameless and they had to get all new everything. That was practically 1/2 the price of the canopy when I bought it. Needless to say, it went to the dump. I'm not usually one to criticize, but I had a really bad experience so I thought I'd share so you know they aren't "perfect." I hope my experience was one in a million, but because of it, I would never go with them again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-01-2014, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the great inputs!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.