2011 rear springs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 rear springs

Okay I need advice on rear springs I have a 2011 f250 with the icon stage one leveling kit the rear is still stock with air bags for towing. I was going to buy 4in rear blocks to make it sit level but I really would like to buy a whole new set of spring that would raise to rear of the truck so that I can remove all blocks and still sit level. Anyone know about this. Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys08 View Post
Okay I need advice on rear springs I have a 2011 f250 with the icon stage one leveling kit the rear is still stock with air bags for towing. I was going to buy 4in rear blocks to make it sit level but I really would like to buy a whole new set of spring that would raise to rear of the truck so that I can remove all blocks and still sit level. Anyone know about this. Thank you in advance
Most full spring packs will reduce your payload. That will force you to retain the airbags unless you use carli long travel bags or a daystar cradle. Cheaper option is to keep the 2" 250 block and add a mini pack from carli. That would give you some lift without diminishing your payload to much. If you go that route, get the daystar cradles for $70 and your good to go

If not, get the carli springs

Brett
Old 03-14-2014, 08:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
As Brett Mentioned, we sell a full replacement leaf spring pack for the rear that sits about .5" higher than a stock F350 which is about 2" taller than your truck sits in the rear. These springs eliminate the blocks but will reduce the payload which is a non-issue given you're running airbags to make up capacity for when you're hauling. The only issue would be a discrepancy in rear shock choice as you need way more than the factory shock to control the spring rate differentiation in our full progressive leaf springs. What are you running in the rear? Also, the Daystar cradles to allow for droop travel were another awesome idea so i'll +1 that!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The rear is completely stock the air bags mount to the axle so I don't think the cradle would work unless I'm missing something. So if I use your springs and remove the block would that move the axle or keep it centered in the wheel well
Old 03-17-2014, 08:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
The rear is completely stock the air bags mount to the axle so I don't think the cradle would work unless I'm missing something. So if I use your springs and remove the block would that move the axle or keep it centered in the wheel well
You would need to swap the lower bag mount you currently have for a cradle mount (will likely work with your bags if they have steel bottom plate), then replace the springs with ours which will eliminate your block and improve the ride and you'd need to run one of our custom tuned shocks to control the springs.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

What kind of shocks we talking $
Old 03-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Any options that I don't have to change my bags
Old 03-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Any advice
Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
What kind of shocks we talking $
I would recommend a commuter kit to go with it. $2,830 for the full leveling kit with Fox 2.0's and the full deaver leafs to work with the bags and cradle mount.

Quote:
Any options that I don't have to change my bags
You're not going to get a better ride out of a bag that increases in rate exponentially through travel and locks your rear axle to 4-5" of travel.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

How do the daystar cradles work? Will they work with air lift air bags system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.