Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender" - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 07:44 PM
POWERCHOKER

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"

I finally installed these today after weeks and weeks of delays due to multiple shops being unable to paint or wrap them properly. I have terrible luck with stuff like that. Anyway, I'm pleased with the way they turned out. I do get a little rub for some reason when turning all the way to the right, but it's nothing a clamp or zip-tie won't fix. This one goes out to Fordtrix...
Attached Thumbnails
Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0816.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0822.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0818.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0827.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0828.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2014, 09:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That looks really tough brother. They only look good with some tire stick out and you got that...
Dantron likes this.
Old 02-14-2014, 05:55 AM
POWERCHOKER

Yeah now I like the way my back tires look with the flares when I'm looking through my rear view side mirrors.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:29 AM

Dude, those look PERFECT... I need a set for mine bad with the rocks that go up on my truck, I'm just scared they might dwarf my 35's and leveling kit.

They always seem to look 1000x better on bigger lifts/tires. Maybe mine will be enough.. Need to investigate more pics.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:30 AM

How hard was the install? From what I've read it's verrrry easy.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:17 AM

What do you think?

Amazon.com: Bushwacker Ford Extend-A-Fender Flare Set of 4: Automotive Amazon.com: Bushwacker Ford Extend-A-Fender Flare Set of 4: Automotive

They actually have a silver truck like mine, looks like it may have similar tires and leveling kit as well, easy to judge.

Did you paint or wrap yours? How much?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:27 AM
POWERCHOKER

You have 12.5" wide tires, so I would think they would only be an inch narrower than mine and would end up being about even with the flares. I had 12.5" wide tires before these 13.5" wide tires, and I hardly noticed a difference in width when I made the switch between them. How far do your tires stick out right now?

Honestly, I think they would look good on anything besides the stock wheels and tires, which didn't seem to protrude at all past the stock fenders. If you stick out even an inch right now, I would get them. Apart from adding more coverage, I think they simply give the truck more body and distinct contour lines. The "Extend-A-Fenders" match the natural lines of the truck's fenders very nicely.

The installation was very easy and quite enjoyable for me after how long I waited for these to be ready. Attaching the rubber edge trim was tedious, but not difficult sitting on the couch watching TV and will only take 15 minutes once you get in the groove. The rear fenders are actually attached to truck with a 0.5" clip spaced between them and the actual fender, which makes the overall circumference of the rear well slightly smaller. I loved that fact because now my truck looks more level with smaller rear gaps and all the inner workings of the wheel well are that much less noticeable.

I ended up having them painted, which may be the best method as the "experienced" wrap guy attempted to wrap them, but he wasn't able to get the wrap to sit down smoothly with the indentation that runs along the center of the flares. I was originally quoted $250 to have them painted by this shop that doesn't specialize in paint, but they've given me decent prices and will keep trying until I'm satisfied, although it may take weeks to get things finished. Anyway, he was having trouble painting them, so I was going to take them somewhere else but mentioned that I wanted to get my grille wrapped, so they referred me to a guy who specializes in wrap. That guy quoted me $500 to wrap the fenders and my grille, which I wasn't pleased with, but I just wanted it done so went along with it. Like I said, he had trouble wrapping them so I gave him the okay to get them painted, which ended up costing me the same $500 to have the fenders and grille color matched. I'm fairly sure you can have them done at a much better price, but I wasn't patient.

Here's a couple before photos with my 35's, a before photo with my 37's, and a couple pictures I took this morning to help you judge what they'll look like...
Attached Thumbnails
Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0493.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0499.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0657.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0833.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0834.jpg  

Old 02-14-2014, 08:48 AM
POWERCHOKER

Some more pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0839.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0838.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0845.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0846.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-img_0842.jpg  

Old 02-14-2014, 01:28 PM

Wow man, awesome write up. Those fenders look perfect with your setup. You'd think they were stock if you didn't know better. I'm thinking on mine they might fair alright since they aren't too bulky and the amount my tires stick out past my fender as is. It'd be a toss up for sure. Here's a couple pics of how far mine stick out.

What lights do you have btw?
Attached Thumbnails
Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-truck-side-1.jpg   Bushwacker "Extend-A-Fender"-truck-side-2.jpg  
Old 02-14-2014, 04:12 PM
POWERCHOKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrix View Post
Wow man, awesome write up. Those fenders look perfect with your setup. You'd think they were stock if you didn't know better. I'm thinking on mine they might fair alright since they aren't too bulky and the amount my tires stick out past my fender as is. It'd be a toss up for sure. Here's a couple pics of how far mine stick out.

What lights do you have btw?
Ha yeah I can be detailed when I write sometimes. I think if you installed these flares on your truck, they would probably be about even with the tires as far as width goes. I don't think they would stick out noticeably further than the tires like a stock truck would. Either way you'll get the coverage you need to protect your truck from rocks and debris, if that's a problem for you. If you posted more pictures that showed how far your tires stick out now, I have a pretty good memory of what my tires looked like through my side mirrors before the flares were put on. I'm definitely loving the flares. A huge improvement for me.

I have the "Recon Projectors with CCFL Halos". A total rip-off, but I prefer them over the stock headlights. I hate Recon, but I like the way these Halo's look. I added aftermarket HID kits and disconnected the LED bulbs that ran across the bottom of the light which made a night & day difference in functionality and appearance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.