Bilstein BTS Leveling Kit? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 09:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bilstein BTS Leveling Kit?

I recently purchased a 2013 F350 CCLB KR. I would love to take the rake out of it. I have read many things about Carli, Icon...etc. What I haven't heard much about is the BTS leveling kit from Bilstein(PN F4-SE5-C765-HO). Seems pretty simple. I was considering this with a set of 5100 for the rear. If anyone knows anything about these, please chime in. Would I need adjustable track bar with this.....etc. Thank you in advance for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 12:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

BTS

Nobody have an experience/advice about this kit?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM

Saw it on their website but idk if anyone on here is running it.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Had a few people run it in the early days of our kit and it requires a brake line tab, caster shims and track bar addition so it's no cheaper and any of the other offerings.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Bilstein BTS

OK. Thanks for the input. I am not trying to be cheap about the kit. I just spent big$$$ on a new truck! I am willing to spend more to do it right. Just wondering how much more I will get for the Carli commuter price. Just want to level and be able to keep my towing capacity. The Carli kit is going to run me about $2100.00 plus the cost of the rear F250 block. Seems to me that the BTS with the track bar....etc would still be only 1/3 of that, cost wise. Guess I'm just like everyone else, looking for best bang for the buck.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoB View Post
OK. Thanks for the input. I am not trying to be cheap about the kit. I just spent big$$$ on a new truck! I am willing to spend more to do it right. Just wondering how much more I will get for the Carli commuter price. Just want to level and be able to keep my towing capacity. The Carli kit is going to run me about $2100.00 plus the cost of the rear F250 block. Seems to me that the BTS with the track bar....etc would still be only 1/3 of that, cost wise. Guess I'm just like everyone else, looking for best bang for the buck.
Sure, but you're not comparing apples to apples as the commuter uses custom tuned Fox 2.0" while the bilstein uses generic 5100s with nothing in the rear. The commuter is a front and rear system that is a massive ride quality improvement without diminishing load capacity.

You can always do the Carli leveling kit for $890 and add the add a pack and upgrade to the commuter shocks down the road as our kits are fully upgradeable!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I plan on running a leveling kit once my warranty runs out and have been doing a lot of research on them and OCVeloMan is right.

I have researched most of the possible kits and combinations and if you buy on all of the necessary add ons for the "cheaper" kits you are going to be in it for about the same price.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You won't be disappointed with the ride of the commuter system. Many of our customers start with the starter kit, and end up upgrading the shocks later on.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

BTS

Thanks all! I will be ordering the Carli Commuter kit soon. I am in Western PA. Any input on installation facilities?
Old 01-09-2014, 05:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoB View Post
Thanks all! I will be ordering the Carli Commuter kit soon. I am in Western PA. Any input on installation facilities?
It is a very straight forward install so any shop that has the capabilities to work on 3/4 tons trucks should be able to handle job by simply following the instructions. We have a lot of customers that install these kits in there driveways. The only tough part is getting the track bar bolt torqued to 408 lbs as most home mechanics don't have a wrench that goes that high. Best bet is to get it as tight as you can and then have the alignment shop torque it down and throw in the caster shims.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.