Spyder Headlights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 09:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spyder Headlights

Has anyone had any experience or have a set of these for our trucks? Looking for some feedback on fit, function, and quality. Been seeing good things about the Anzo's but not much on these. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

i did a bit of looking into the spyders when i was looking for headlights for my 02. same deal as you i couldn't really find any reviews on them good or bad. in the end i decided just to wait a while save up some more spending money and go for the recons. definitely more pricey but to me why pay for a rip off when you can get the real thing from a pretty well respected brand. if you are looking to save a bit of money i don't think the spyder lights are a bad way to go but like everything now, you usually pay for the quality
can't say much for spyder or anzo but really like the recons i have, fit well, were fairly easy to install (hardest part was doing a little trimming on the plastic where the headlight sits) and plenty bright. really impressed with the high beams. i did get some different bulbs than what where shipped with it but the actual beam itself has a good focus.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Don't buy recons they are Chinese garbage now. my lights started flaking 6 months after installing. They look cheap too.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:01 AM

No experience with them on a Superduty but I did have them on one of my Jeeps and they are complete garbage. They leaked and fogged after only a week. I ended up going with the HID setup they sold and when a ballast went bad after a month I could not get in touch with anyone to buy a replacement or get it covered by warranty. My recomendation is to avoid Spyder.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:16 AM

Thanks to those who have replied. Cduff, sounds like you have had one of the few positive experiences with Recon. Hope it continues. Have just heard way too many negative things about Recon recently regarding the head and tail lights. Don't think as many have had bad luck with the mirrors or others. Any others who have had experience with the Spyders? Anzo seems to get good marks all around.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A guy I work with had a set on his Dodge for 3 day before they leaked and fogged. They even looked like junk.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:47 AM

I have the sypder headlights on my Super Duty. They look like Recons, but there are suttle differences. I have had them on the truck since Aug, no issues to report at this time. The CCFL halo's are way bright. I have 6000K HID in the lens and are pretty bright, but I mainly use my 4 Dually D2 for light.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.