1" Leveling kit & 37 Trailgrapplers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1" Leveling kit & 37 Trailgrapplers

Just got my leveling kit and tires on. Got a 1" Top Gunz Customs leveling kit and a set of 37x12.50R20 Nitto Trailgrapplers. Made a huge difference in looks. Only rubs in one place (will post picture below). The rusted over rub mark on the bar is from my 35s, the fresh in from the 37s, still have full turning radius, just rubs side wall slightly. Also color match Ford symbol in grille, and the back area of the F250 side logo.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to THarpe2566 For This Useful Post:
Paul's Powerstroke (11-22-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Emergency Services

Looks great! What 35s did you have on before? I'm trying to figure out if it will rub if I go 12.5 with the leveling kit on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 11-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks real good, where did you get the painted emblem?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

This post was exactly wanted I needed to see. This is the setup that I like. Thanks for posting specs and pictures. Awesome looking rig.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Premium Member

Do you think the 35's would still rub after the 1" puck? And how is the stroke on the shocks now? Do they still have plenty left or close to full stroke? Thanks.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A 1" sits perfectly level on it. I had 295/65R20 nitto trailgrapplers which is like a 35.7 but narrow. I had previously replaced the shocks with bilsteins before I put leveling kit on it. As for the emblem i took it off, and it splits into 3 parts, then sanded, primed, and painted the exterior part. It was time consuming. Turned out good though. Just ask if you have any other questions!
The Following User Says Thank You to THarpe2566 For This Useful Post:
Powerstrokin_08 (11-23-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 03:50 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THarpe2566 View Post
A 1" sits perfectly level on it. I had 295/65R20 nitto trailgrapplers which is like a 35.7 but narrow. I had previously replaced the shocks with bilsteins before I put leveling kit on it. As for the emblem i took it off, and it splits into 3 parts, then sanded, primed, and painted the exterior part. It was time consuming. Turned out good though. Just ask if you have any other questions!
Thanks for the info. I want to do the same thing and keep this truck nice and modest no big lift or anything. Do you think that with a different wheel and offset the tires wouldn't rub on the radius arm? And truck looks awesome by the way. I did the same thing on the emblem on my old truck but black.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Going to a wider offset would cure the rubbing on the trac bar, however I believe you would then run into problems with hitting the bumper and the outer bumper brackets. Personally I would rather it rub a small amount on a smooth surface like the trac bar, rather than a jagged surface like the corner of the bumper or the bumper mount bracket. Overall I am extremely happy with the turnout, may go with a little bit larger leveling kit just because I like my truck up in the front a small amount.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THarpe2566 View Post
Does the emblem come apart without breaking any tabs and go back together easy, or do you have to glue it back together? Also do you know if the tailgate emblem comes apart the same way?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Tailgate does not come apart like the front it must be taped off and sprayed, it is two sided taped to the tailgate. Huge pain taking it off. The front has a ton of small plastic clips you must be careful with them. I broke a few but not enough where it would not stay together. I did put a small amount of glue just to be sure it wasnt going anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.