Wheel backspacing and lift question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheel backspacing and lift question

So I'm getting ready to do the leveling kit/wheels/tires on my 2013 f250 CCSB.

I'm going to do the Carli leveling kit (probably the starter system with the bilstein shocks, unless someone can convince me the king shocks are worth the extra $800, as that's the only different between the starter and commuter)

For wheels I want to go with the 2 piece Fuel Maverick in a 20x10 so I can fit 35" Toyo MT tires.

What should I go for with back spacing? I'd like them to stick out just a little further than stock and I believe they would need to anyways to fit. Also I believe the bolt pattern is 8x170 correct?

It's taken forever to narrow down wheels to go with a silver truck. Not a big fan of all chrome or all black on silver trucks, although I do like black if they are a much bigger lift and tire combo. The mavericks are black and machined and seem to be a good balance.

Also, another small question. I have firestone ride rite airbags. I don't think they will need modifications with the leveling kit, right? Since I continue using my f250 blocks and the air bags are made for both the 250 and 350.

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 01:02 PM

i only went with the carli starter kit and love it! just make sure you have something planned to lift the rear!
Old 11-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrix View Post
So I'm getting ready to do the leveling kit/wheels/tires on my 2013 f250 CCSB.

I'm going to do the Carli leveling kit (probably the starter system with the bilstein shocks, unless someone can convince me the king shocks are worth the extra $800, as that's the only different between the starter and commuter)

For wheels I want to go with the 2 piece Fuel Maverick in a 20x10 so I can fit 35" Toyo MT tires.

What should I go for with back spacing? I'd like them to stick out just a little further than stock and I believe they would need to anyways to fit. Also I believe the bolt pattern is 8x170 correct?

It's taken forever to narrow down wheels to go with a silver truck. Not a big fan of all chrome or all black on silver trucks, although I do like black if they are a much bigger lift and tire combo. The mavericks are black and machined and seem to be a good balance.

Also, another small question. I have firestone ride rite airbags. I don't think they will need modifications with the leveling kit, right? Since I continue using my f250 blocks and the air bags are made for both the 250 and 350.

Thanks for the help!
The Bilsteins are off the shelf shocks with generic valving whereas the higher end shocks are custom valved by Carli for a far better ride both on road and off. The Commuter shocks won't be ready for another 6 weeks or so though. The only other option in their "leveling" line is the Pintop kit that uses 2.5" King Remote Resi Shocks.

As far as wheels I would recommend sticking with a 9" wide wheel but if you must go with a 10" wheel I would look for a BS around 5.5". You are correct about the backspacing.

Your bag kit should work fine at the new ride height since the rear will still be about the same height as a stock F350. Keep in mind that the stiffer short travel bags will negate some of the ride improvement that you will get from a kit like this.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
i only went with the carli starter kit and love it! just make sure you have something planned to lift the rear!
Good choice! I ordered today and went with the same! Looking at the Kit from Carli's site, it says on the F250 the 6 leaf progressive add-a-pack will lift the 250's 2" to make it level, and that the blocks only need to be changed if one has an f350. Am I missing something? Hope not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd Ram View Post
The Bilsteins are off the shelf shocks with generic valving whereas the higher end shocks are custom valved by Carli for a far better ride both on road and off. The Commuter shocks won't be ready for another 6 weeks or so though. The only other option in their "leveling" line is the Pintop kit that uses 2.5" King Remote Resi Shocks.

As far as wheels I would recommend sticking with a 9" wide wheel but if you must go with a 10" wheel I would look for a BS around 5.5". You are correct about the backspacing.

Your bag kit should work fine at the new ride height since the rear will still be about the same height as a stock F350. Keep in mind that the stiffer short travel bags will negate some of the ride improvement that you will get from a kit like this.
Thank you for the info! I did end up going with a 9" wheel. As much as I wanted the bigger lip of the 10", with the offsets offered on the rim I wanted, it looked like at 10" the only option was to stick out far more than I wanted to.

Maybe you can help with my question above. By the looks of the starter kit it will raise the rear up 2" and the front up 2.5" on the F250, correct? It seems that on that the blocks would only need to be changed on the F350?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrix View Post
Good choice! I ordered today and went with the same! Looking at the Kit from Carli's site, it says on the F250 the 6 leaf progressive add-a-pack will lift the 250's 2" to make it level, and that the blocks only need to be changed if one has an f350. Am I missing something? Hope not!

Thank you for the info! I did end up going with a 9" wheel. As much as I wanted the bigger lip of the 10", with the offsets offered on the rim I wanted, it looked like at 10" the only option was to stick out far more than I wanted to.

Maybe you can help with my question above. By the looks of the starter kit it will raise the rear up 2" and the front up 2.5" on the F250, correct? It seems that on that the blocks would only need to be changed on the F350?
Sounds like Bopper just did the "Leveling" kit as opposed to the "Starter Leveling" kit as it only levels the front.

Did you order the actual "Starter Kit"? That kit does indeed the lift the front 2.5" and the rear around 2" and you keep the stock F250 block.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyd Ram View Post
Sounds like Bopper just did the "Leveling" kit as opposed to the "Starter Leveling" kit as it only levels the front.

Did you order the actual "Starter Kit"? That kit does indeed the lift the front 2.5" and the rear around 2" and you keep the stock F250 block.
Yeah I did the starter kit. The one around $1720 I believe.

Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.