just ordered new truck....what leveling and rim spacing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
just ordered new truck....what leveling and rim spacing

Just got back from the dealer and ordered a 2014 white f350 crew. The original plan was to put 6 inch lift but Im worried about hauling the 30ft camper with such a tall truck. I am thinking leveling kit for now. Ive looked at the Carli system but cant decide who makes the best leveling kit for the money. I want to be able to fit 35 inch tires without any problem is thats possible with the lift. If I were to go with a 4.5 inch then same question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can fit 35's stock. I only suggest Icon or Carli.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Premium Member

keep your backpacing close to stock wheels and slide in some 35s or do a 34. that would look nice too.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

How bout a 4 inch lift. If I didn't want to spend the money that icon or carli wants, what's next on the list in the 4 inch family
Old 09-14-2013, 07:09 PM

Pure performance
Old 09-15-2013, 03:45 AM

I've got Carli's 4.5" and 35" toyo's on 17" rims and the truck pulls my 24' gooseneck real well (It's about 14k pounds). I opted not to go with the full replacement leafs in the rear and instead went with the mini packs b/c I was worried about the rear sagging alot under load, I pulled it last week and hardly squatted the truck at all. Real pleased with my setup.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by troycrna View Post
Just got back from the dealer and ordered a 2014 white f350 crew. The original plan was to put 6 inch lift but Im worried about hauling the 30ft camper with such a tall truck. I am thinking leveling kit for now. Ive looked at the Carli system but cant decide who makes the best leveling kit for the money. I want to be able to fit 35 inch tires without any problem is thats possible with the lift. If I were to go with a 4.5 inch then same question.
As others have said, stick to near stock wheel specifications and a 35 will be no problem. We always recommend running a wheel that is no more than 9" wide with 5"-5.5" of backspacing. That will allow 35" tires on leveling systems and 37" tires on 4.5" systems (37" tires require slight clearance of the front bumper brace).

Quote:
Originally Posted by troycrna View Post
How bout a 4 inch lift. If I didn't want to spend the money that icon or carli wants, what's next on the list in the 4 inch family
When you're talking about leveling kits, no one is getting rich of their pricing. The reason they're expensive is because of what's included in the kits. Any "complete" leveling system will include a set of coils (or spacers), extended shocks (or shock extenders), brake lines or brake line relocation, a means to adjust caster (normally a ball-joint shim), and an adjustable track bar (or track bar drop bracket). If the kit is cheaper than ours or ICON's, chances are it lacks some or most of the above and the truck will have worse handling characteristics than it did stock and perhaps a worse ride too.

Last edited by OCVeloMan; 09-17-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So your saying that any kit a little cheaper than yours or Icons is going to handle poorly..and likely isn't complete....that's creative marketing.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
So you're saying that any kit a little cheaper than yours or Icons is going to handle poorly..and likely isn't complete....that's creative marketing.
Fixed it for you...

I'm saying that a kit that doesn't include any of the items listed will handle worse than the stock vehicle given something will be either incompatible or mis-aligned. Call it what you want but he's pretty clear he didn't want to budget for our or Icon's kit. I was trying to tell him to be careful as going with a cheaper product will likely exclude a critical part that he was unaware he needed as a consumer.

That a bit more clear? Last thing that would be considered creative marketing would be me telling him to ensure his purchase (of a product that isn't ours) includes everything needed to properly lift the truck on a forum.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:27 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

When I had my 06 F250, I bought a $300 leveling kit that came with spacers and new shocks, and in a lot of ways I think it rode better than my 10 F350 with Icon Stg 4 kit that was $3600. So I think there are some budget lifts out there that can out shine the premium lifts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.