Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New Look what do you think

4K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  kennyketten 
#1 ·
Hey guys, Well took off the Addictive Dessert Design Bumper and had the OEM bumper of an xl truck painted to match> i think I love the new Look!!

See less See more
#7 ·
I like the New look, good job.:thumb:

#10 ·
She's a beauty what grille do you have

#13 ·
If you go with Rigid's LEDs, you'll spend upwards of $1200-$1400 for all those lights, even when going through amazon, or another distributor. If you went with one of the many competitors, it may be a little less.

It really is impressive, the amount of light coming off the front has got to be incredible. And yet, I do have to agree with JoshA, if you tied all those lights into your high beam switch, instead of one of your upfitters, you are going to be and @$$hole on the roads at night. I know first hand the light these bars put out, have a 40" Rigid E-series (double row) bar on my offroad truck, and I've driven down the road at night with it on, and presently its angled towards the ground, but the thing still blinds the crap out of people.

#12 · (Edited)
With respect, what's the deal with the LEDs?

By that I mean, you've got a bumper LED bar that in my mind should be so freaking bright it's more than adequate, then it appears you've got duallies in your fogs, and literally on top of that you've got a bar that should be enough to light up a stadium or two. And they're all tied into your high beams right, so when traffic is oncoming you're not a complete *******?

See you can't have it both ways, with everyone commenting about how AMAZING these things are, even the little knock off duallies are insane, and then plaster the front of your truck with enough of them that even that much real estate worth of halogens would have been copious amount of light.

No, I'm not jealous, I'm trying to understand it. If it's just for looks, okay. If it's a show truck, okay, if you're using it to light up the job site while you work, okay! But what I'm wondering before I sink $$$ into a 20inch bar on the front of mine, what it negated to give you on its own. Do you have them pointed different, perhaps the one bar for further away the other angled down, and the fogs angled out at the ditches, what's the set-up?

Up here in the winter can be dark from 5pm until 8am, so I'm driving in the dark a lot, often out in the middle of nowhere. I don't give a **** what homeboy it impresses, I just wanna see my path ahead. I have a pair of Rigid duallies that I'm planning to mount rearwards, and planning as mentioned on a 20inch bar in the bumper. What won't that bar deliver?

Edit to add:
I love the look of your truck, I think I prefer it this way over your desert bumper, and I didn't mean to come down on you for your build. Everyone has reasons for doing what they do, some for look some for function some for advertising. My guess is that this is a show build, because with tires like that and no mudflaps or flares (much as I dislike the look of excessive flares) the side of your truck and and mirrors and windows would be destroyed in no time with any amount of gravel in your travel. It may be as simple as it's the same LED bar you had on that big bumper and wanted to keep it, in which case I'm wondering why the need for the little 20 inch and duallies down below, so again, I really am wondering about the limitations of these bars.

Thanks,
-Josh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.