how in the ????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how in the ?????

Ok may be a dumb question here but the other night got stopped by a dot officer because my marker light on my mirror was out. no ticket or nothing but a warning. Now i looked at it and dont wanna just yank it apart but how the hell do you change the bulb in the mirror??? sorry if its a dumb question but any help/pics would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Tilt the mirror glass inward toward the truck and then up as far as it will go. Get a long flat screwdriver and there is a tab that you push and the lens cover will pop out and you can access the bulb. I replaced mine with recon in about 5 minutes for both sides.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:56 PM

sweet thanks for the help ill get her changed out. dont know what part of iowa ur in but the dot in the nw area here is beign real picky lately. just had a buddy who drives semi get a ticket for his seatbelt beign to loose!!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I live just outside of Ames. We also run a seed dealership and often delivery seed on a 32 foot gooseneck. My cousin has a 2013 F250 and got pulled over for not having clearance lights, the dot officer said that anytime the total length of your vehicle exceeds 32 feet you become regulated like a commercial vehicle and are required to have clearance lights, safety triangles and a fire extinguisher. I still need to look into this to see if she knew what she was talking about. Luckily only a warning. Good luck fixing your mirror light.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 AM

Yeah I think hes right as well as no wondow tint whatsoever on ur front windows windsheild etc.. also need to have a yearly inspection sticker in most cases a cdl class no air brakes minimum and the list goes on and on . I actually have a friend who is a dot officer and he flat out told me depends on who stops ya because the book is so big they dont even know all the rules . I had to up my registration on all my trucks a few years back to a minimum of 15 ton and that way they said im legal to pull that weight lol they could care less about the gvwr of truck as long as u up ur registration idk but its a toss up also I know you have to run dot numbers on any vehicle towing and I was told farm use or not they are gonna start cracking down.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 08-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA Farmer View Post
I live just outside of Ames. We also run a seed dealership and often delivery seed on a 32 foot gooseneck. My cousin has a 2013 F250 and got pulled over for not having clearance lights, the dot officer said that anytime the total length of your vehicle exceeds 32 feet you become regulated like a commercial vehicle and are required to have clearance lights, safety triangles and a fire extinguisher. I still need to look into this to see if she knew what she was talking about. Luckily only a warning. Good luck fixing your mirror light.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Did you have DOT Numbers and signage on the truck? Once you do that in most states you have to follow commercial vehicle guidelines. If you are clean of signage then you are typically exempt.

Every state is a little different on the regulations. Once you put the DOT numbers on then you follow Federal guidelines which supersedes the state rules.

I had to learn this in a big hurry when I was hauling hay especially over state lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.