RECON projector HID conversion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RECON projector HID conversion

Anybody have a good reference for installation instructions for HID conversion of RECON projectors on a 2013 Super Duty? RECON really has nothing to offer regarding this process. The best I could get from Ryan at RECON was "there is a plethora of videos online" and Mike assured me everything was a direct fit despite Ryan informing me of the need to file the bulb holder to make the low beam bulbs fit. There are no instructions with the headlight assemblies and absolutely no instructions with the HID conversion kit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Are they different than in the 12s? Mine fit with no poroblems at all.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The headlight assemblies themselves fit fine it's just the HID conversion is a little sketchy. It came with absolutely no instructions. The best I could get from RECON was to look for installation videos online. I got it done this weekend but the passenger side HID ballast kept blowing the low beam fuse. Identical wiring on the driver side worked perfectly. Narrowed it down to the ballasts and after several emails back and forth with Ryan at RECON he said for the 2013s the polarity for the ballast outputs was reversed and to flip the plug. However this was not the case on the driver side. Didn't work; obviously the ballast was faulty. Even the ballast for the high beam bulb on the passenger side didn't work. Ordered two new ballasts off of Amazon last Friday and just happened to show up this afternoon figuring RECON wouldn't have a fix. Replaced both passenger side ballasts from RECON and now have high beams both passenger and drivers sides but still no low beam on passenger side. I have good power output from the new passenger side low beam ballast so now waiting for new HID 9006 bulb. Very disappointed with RECON at this point considering the price of their stuff. Also the HID conversion is not a direct fit as advertised; the H1 bulb mount opening has to be filed to be bigger in order to get the HID bulb to fit. Per Ryan they have to do this to be DOT compliant. Would think they could offer an "offroad only" version with a full disclaimer for HID customers. Also would be nice to make available true plug and play harnesses for the price you pay for their HID conversion kits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.