Need help lift and tires! Firestone air bags and ford's 5th wh. hitch 1st. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help lift and tires! Firestone air bags and ford's 5th wh. hitch 1st.

I have a 13' 250 CCSB with the ford 5th wheel hitch waiting to be installed, and waiting on Firestone airbags to arrive and install. Seeking advice on tire size and level kit that won't hurt fuel mileage. I need direction on rear lift since I'm installing airbags and a good tire selection using stock 20" lariat rims.

The truck is Blue Jean/beige Lariat ultimate pckg, and just looking for a little more sportier look while still having to tow 14k 5th wheel.




Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by pirogue; 07-29-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,475
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Both a leveling kit and bigger tires will hurt MPG.

If you still want that sporty look, without killing mpg too much stay closer to the 275mm wide tires that come on your truck stock. Maybe LT295/60R20, I would stay away from any 12.5"/305mm+ tires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for the Reply Big Laing, I will keep that in mind while tire searching!

Does anyone know if the Firestone RideRite bags assist in raising the rear to accommodate a 2" level kit with out sacrificing ride quality or is it best to add the rear blocks and keep the bags deflated while empty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: EDMONTON
Posts: 17
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you put a level kit you will most likely have to add F 350 blocks. for actual level as the 250's sit pretty level stock. If you air the bags right up it will ride really rough. What firestone's are you installing. I read somewhere the 2535 needs upper bracket to be modified because the hole is off about 1/2". I put the on leaf style firestones last week but i do not have a hitch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-29-2013, 05:02 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodifer View Post
If you put a level kit you will most likely have to add F 350 blocks. for actual level as the 250's sit pretty level stock. If you air the bags right up it will ride really rough. What firestone's are you installing. I read somewhere the 2535 needs upper bracket to be modified because the hole is off about 1/2".
I believe they are the 2535's, I think but not sure they are correcting them and that's why they haven't arrived? We'll see.

I did come across where someone did the bags and level lift then bought the blocks for a better ride.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirogue View Post
I have a 13' 250 CCSB with the ford 5th wheel hitch waiting to be installed, and waiting on Firestone airbags to arrive and install. Seeking advice on tire size and level kit that won't hurt fuel mileage. I need direction on rear lift since I'm installing airbags and a good tire selection using stock 20" lariat rims.

The truck is Blue Jean/beige Lariat ultimate pckg, and just looking for a little more sportier look while still having to tow 14k 5th wheel.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Be careful using the word "sportier" around here, u may get flamed!
Lol, just playing.
I leveled my truck before I put tires on and watched the MPGs very close before and after, and didn't see any difference at all. Tires on the other hand, I dropped an easy 3+ MPGs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ogden, UT
Posts: 2,475
Thanks: 1
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirogue View Post
I believe they are the 2535's, I think but not sure they are correcting them and that's why they haven't arrived? We'll see.

I did come across where someone did the bags and level lift then bought the blocks for a better ride.


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
For an even better ride look into Carli 6 leaf add a pack instead of an f-350 block. It produces 2" of rear lift (which is perfect to match your 2.5" leveling kit). Also helps cut down on axle wrap / wheel hop over just a taller block...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks again!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: League City
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Laing View Post
For an even better ride look into Carli 6 leaf add a pack instead of an f-350 block. It produces 2" of rear lift (which is perfect to match your 2.5" leveling kit). Also helps cut down on axle wrap / wheel hop over just a taller block...
^X2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors