Anyone have a problem with rain guards? Wtf - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Anyone have a problem with rain guards? Wtf

Ok so this is my 2nd set of rain guards for my windows in my truck, 1st set was Putco deflectors and I installed them but the safety feature on the windows wouldn't allow them to stay up, they'd hit where the deflectors were and go down immediately, so I threw them to the side and just got a set of the Lund avs rain guards, everything is fine with the drivers window but now the passenger window does the same thing w the safety feature, I've never had a problem on any other one of my trucks wtf do I do????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just installed some weathertechs after seeing how much of a pos the putco guards were. Trick is to shove a finger in the window slot of the seal and push out against the guard to create a little room. Worked fine for me after doing both front windows.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:20 PM

Yea I shoved it up in the channel just like I did on the drivers side and that side was fine after putting the window up about 5 times but the passenger side didn't seat right where the mirror is it sticks out a little into the channel so the window hits it and automatically goes back down
Old 07-21-2013, 05:37 PM

mine don't go in the channel at all they 3m to the door skin
Old 07-21-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnazzaro View Post
Yea I shoved it up in the channel just like I did on the drivers side and that side was fine after putting the window up about 5 times but the passenger side didn't seat right where the mirror is it sticks out a little into the channel so the window hits it and automatically goes back down
Might be worth a return. Maybe a bad batch of them fitment wise. Mine did the safety roll down routine as well but quit once I loosened things up.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:00 AM

Just a real pain these things have been, it is like a bad fit, I put some more 3m tape to help suck the deflector more towards the mirror hopefully that works
Old 07-23-2013, 05:51 AM

Im not sure if it works on our fords and I'm not sure you want to go thru all the trouble but my other car (nissan altima) had the same problem. I had to go thru a proccess of resetting the windows roll down safety point by accessing the power window motor in the door and holding down a button on the p/w motor and rolling the window up and down with the p/w switch and then releasing the button on the p/w motor.This reset it to where I want it. Again I'm not sure if the process works on fords, Maybe a ford mechanic would know best. I just thought I'd give you another option on fixing it. Hopes this helps.
Also: That stupid safety roll down thing is only there so the kids or mother-inlaw dont get their big head stuck in the window when they roll it up. I miss the good old days of trapping my little brothers head in the window and not letting go of the switch.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 AM

Lol ahh the good ole days, yea my brothers head was stuck many a times in the window. They seem to be ok now but the passenger side one seems like it didn't seat all the way against the mirror almost like its in the window channel a little, little squirt of liquid nails might be in order and leave the window up until it hardens
Old 07-23-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnazzaro View Post
Lol ahh the good ole days, yea my brothers head was stuck many a times in the window. They seem to be ok now but the passenger side one seems like it didn't seat all the way against the mirror almost like its in the window channel a little, little squirt of liquid nails might be in order and leave the window up until it hardens
No safety power roll down? Now we're showing our age to know about how it use to be with no safety devices like this in vehicles.
Good Luck with the repair. let us know the updates. One other thing silcone spray works good on the window channels.

Last edited by shatesme; 07-23-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellobatman View Post
Just installed some weathertechs after seeing how much of a pos the putco guards were. Trick is to shove a finger in the window slot of the seal and push out against the guard to create a little room. Worked fine for me after doing both front windows.
Ditto. Easy install and they look and work great. Weathertech is the only way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.