Running boards\nerf bars for long bed access - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Running boards\nerf bars for long bed access

Anyone have any experience with wheel-to-wheel aftermarket running boards which give a step up to get to your tool box on an 8' box?

Before I buy my truck I want to have a few things figured out. The boards and the 5er prep package are my main concerns.

Thanks for you thoughts, Mark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have N-Fab steps on my truck with the third step for bed access on my truck. They're an alright step but I liked my OEM steps better. I find that the step doesn't allow for a work boot to get in so you constantly find yourself slipping off the step. You can only fit one boot sideways on the step which doesn't help you that much if you're trying to get something out of the cab or the bed as you lose your balance too easily.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphymel View Post
Anyone have any experience with wheel-to-wheel aftermarket running boards which give a step up to get to your tool box on an 8' box?

Before I buy my truck I want to have a few things figured out. The boards and the 5er prep package are my main concerns.

Thanks for you thoughts, Mark
I had some tool box steps fabbed up with expanded metal and 1" tubing and have them mounted just forward of the real wheel. I'll try to get some pics for you later today.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i got them on my chevy CCLB. i immediately returned the first set i bought because they only bolted up in two spots and felt very unstable. i got new ones with 3 bolt ups and i do like them. i do agree the holes for the boots are to small but i dont slip to often on mine. i did not like the fact the my end caps fell out in the first month. they cost me a fortune but the bars are holding up good just look a bit goofy with no end caps. make sure you get a 3 support model if you do them.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpilot View Post
I had some tool box steps fabbed up with expanded metal and 1" tubing and have them mounted just forward of the real wheel. I'll try to get some pics for you later today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
long bed, nerf, running boards, steps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.