Smittybilt M1 grill / grill sourround questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smittybilt M1 grill / grill sourround questions

I just bought the smittybily M1 mesh grill, I want to pickup a grill surround and get it painted. Don't want to deal with taking apart the stock chrome grill, sanding it etc..

Does anyone know if the BC3Z-8200-BPTM grill sourround by itself comes with the clips and mounting hardware to mount it on the truck or does all that need to be ordered separately. Realize that the top mounting shroud will need to be removed and reused from the stock one.

Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 02:02 PM

I have this grille on my truck. I also ordered the paint to match surround and ditched the chrome. I believe the part number is 8200A. You have to specify paint to match and not chrome. They'll want your vin, but you have to explain you want it for a King Ranch. The parts guy was really confused lol. This does not come with any mounting hardware.

There is a black plastic component to the grille you currently have. You can see it beside the chrome bars. It supports the whole grille. The surround attaches to it as well as the top piece that attaches to your truck. You must keep this. It has to be cut out of the current grille you have. The new painted surround will attach to this. From the factory your grille has plastic rivets holding the pieces together, but you'll have to break them to remove the inner grille support. I used metal clips and machine screws vs the plastic rivets when reinstalling. I would be very careful with the mounting tabs on the paint to match surround. They are very fragile. This new grille is so rigid that it's easy to put the surround into a bind. I broke the mounting tabs on the surround and had to use industrial epoxy to reattach them.

This might not make much sense right now, but once you remove your current grill it'll start to make sense.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks,

I ordered the BC3Z-8200-BPTM today which is the paint to match grill surround. I was hoping to not need to take apart the stock grill and hack up its guts to install the wiremesh grill but looks like the hacking is required.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:51 PM

Smittybilt M1 grill / grill sourround questions

Yeah I was hoping for the same as well. I ended up having to go buy a body saw it was so much cutting. It looks sweet though. I'll have to put up some pics. I think I still have the part I cut out somewhere.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.