2012 f250 rusting! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 f250 rusting!

Anyone else have any rusting issues on their chrome bumpers? Mine has surface rust starting from the back side of the bumper and working out. Its on both sides, to the outside of each tow hook. I could rub it off, but it definitely is rust. So far i am not to pleased with the quality of my truck. I have had a front end pop and wind noise all winter long now. Dealer said body mounts, replaced them and clunk still there. That's a whole other issue though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It's sad. I just looked at the inside of my bumper on the 2010 and it looks like crap. Hopefully the outside stays in better shape. Go show the dealer the rust. They should take care of it. I have noticed the wind noise on my 2010, 2012 and our 2011 ford explorer with it cold out. What's the deal with that. Our 04 and 05 don't have any issues with wind noise.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Premium Member

my 2011 had surface rust all underneath it when i got it. i just scuffed it a little with sand paper and spray painted it
Old 02-12-2013, 03:29 PM

I took it to the dealer today and they said they have to clean it off and if it comes back then they have to take pics to send in to ford. My rear bumper was horrible. Honestly had more rust spots on it in 2 months of a MN winter than my 2000 had with 12yrs of winters in salty MN. Just drives me nuts! I thought that by buying a 50k truck it would eliminate a lot of my problems that my 2000 had.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you use Facebook, Senior Master Technician has an interesting video regarding the cab mounts on these trucks. Apparently they had one come in to their shop with the mounts over torqued causing body misalignment. Wonder if it could cause a clunk as well.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:38 PM

Really funny you mention that, as that is what my dealer tells me is the problem. They supposedly replaced 1 or more?? It helped but still pops every now and then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.