Couple Superduty's we've built recently. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Couple Superduty's we've built recently.

Snapped a couple quick pics of some F250's we've built here recently (with mine included) so I thought I would share them with you all.

These were all done at our newest location in OKC.

Grey one has a Rough Country 6" 4 link conversion, their dual steering stabalizer, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers and 22" Black fuel hostages. Tinted front, fender and rear emblems, tinted, tails, 3rd brake light and mirror signals. Adding smoked cab lights to it as I type this.

Blue one has a 10" (same set up I had on my '11)Rough Country front lift components and Fabtech rear springs and Rough Country dual steering stabalizers. 40" Toyo M/T's with 20" Black Fuel Hostages. Stampede pockstyle flares and Smitty Bilt M1 bumper.

And the black one is mine that I have a build thread on here. For comparison, its a 6" Rough Country with 38" Nitto Trail grapplers and 24" Black Fuel Hostages. Time for me to get some different wheels!

And here is one of my favorite dealer rigs I have done yet. Quite a bit different than we usually do and I am stoked with how it came out!

'13 F250 Lariat.
6" Rough Country 4 link conversion. 22" Black and milled Fuel Throttles, 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Smitty Bilt M1 grill, Ford OE paint to match grill shell and mirror caps. Tinted tails, 3rd brake light, mirror signals, rear emblem and fender emblems. N-Fab wheel to wheel bars, MBRP black exhaust tip, spray in bed liner, tint, and painted the front and rear bumpers to match.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 01:27 PM

nice they all look great! I was gonna say man whats with all the same rims!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
nice they all look great! I was gonna say man whats with all the same rims!
22" stuff has been kind of hard to come by and we built both the blue and grey one after I did mine. Bunch of copy cats....... I'm still waiting on my 2pc black and milled Fuel Mavericks to get here.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:24 PM

Hey JMUCK, just so you know, I nominated you for the March Rig of the month on here.

Posted a pic of your KICK A** truck. Just tryin to show some respect for a killer truck.

And thanks for all the help and with all my questions.

One question though. Why do all the trucks have Rough Country lifts. Is that the Preferred lift kit that you guys use on customers trucks?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Premium Member

Looks good. I want that bumper
Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgCountry View Post
Hey JMUCK, just so you know, I nominated you for the March Rig of the month on here.

Posted a pic of your KICK A** truck. Just tryin to show some respect for a killer truck.

And thanks for all the help and with all my questions.

One question though. Why do all the trucks have Rough Country lifts. Is that the Preferred lift kit that you guys use on customers trucks?
Thanks for the props and no problem at all, glad I could help.

There are several reasons we use their lifts more than others. Keep in mind that I have several different mfg's at our disposal. Pro-Comp, Fabtech, Skyjacker, RCD, BDS to name a few. I could run any lift I want on my trucks (Icon, OUO,etc) so keep that in mind also as I'm not just turning a blind eye to other mfg's b/c they do offer a different take on their stuff that peaks my interest.

1: Ease of install and quality of the components use. Between both of our stores we install several(think 5-10 on average) lift kits a week on all makes. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Dodge, Jeep, Nissan etc. Their kits just flat go together easy and we have zero problems out of them. 90% of our work is dealership work. I have to use a product that is trouble free, I also need that product's manufacturer to stand behind it 110%. We install a lift on a new dealer truck and we warranty it for the life of the powertrain warranty on said vehicle, so it has to be as trouble free as can be for 3/36K, 5/100K etc, etc.

Here's an example for ya.

Take a Pro Comp lift, doesn't matter if that truck has had the lift on it for 6 months, you get a shock that is leaking here's what has to happen. We (the store) have to purchase a new shock, swap it for the customer and then get an RGA to send that shock back to Pro Comp for them to determine if its in fact under warranty. So they say its not faulty, or under warranty, we just ate a shock (small cost, but still a cost that we have to consume) to keep our customer happy and coming back. If its a Rough Country, I pick up the phone. Hey this shock we put on (they don't care when it was installed, remember their limited lifetime warranty) such and such date is leaking. We pull one from inventory, install it on the customers vehicle and they are out the door. They don't even want the bad one back and 2 days later a replacement is on our door step. That holds true with any part of lift 99% of the time with them. Their customer service is so far above most (I am in no way saying all lift mfg's) that it doesn't make sense to go with other brands.

2: Coverage, they build a lift for some many different vehicles, and offer a few different lift and leveling kits for those different vehicles. So its nice to have a single product line that covers the wide array of vehicles that we deal day in and day out.

3: Price Point. Their lifts are affordable. What's great about their's being affordable is that you get a whole lot more for you money. The warranty is outstanding, every component of their kits are very well engineered, their coil sprung kits ride extremely well also. I can't tell you the last time I had a customer complain about the ride of the vehicle after we lifted it with a Rough country kit. That holds true through all of their kits (except YJ wranglers, they ride like **** stock).

If you take the time to go through their line up and really see how the kits are engineered, you'd be suprised. Take the fabricated anti-wrap lift blocks for the Super Duties, Ford F150's, and Chevy 1500's. Its a super nice piece that really, really works. At first I wasn't a believer, yeah its just hype. Now after owning a truck with those blocks (my other F250 and F350 had replacement rear springs) I'm amazed. Stand on the loud pedal and the truck just moves out like its supposed to. You can feel it plant the tires and when towing, holy crap! It has such a solid feel to it, that I had to actually get used to towing my enclosed with this truck vs my last F350(SW) And the 4 link conversion is so much nicer than a standard radius arm drop, the front end feels solid and tracks so much better.

Downsides to Rough Country.

1: No coil over options, or even a remote resi' shock option. Their 2.2 shocks are awesome, but some people just have to have the c/over or resi'd shock for looks and others b/c they like to blast down a lease road on their way to a drilling site.

2: No big lift options. I'd love to see a 10-12" for GM 1500 and 3/4 tons and a 7"-9" option for F150's and Dodge 1500's. Same for Dodge 2500's. I'd also love to see a 12" option for Super Duty's. I hope to see a complete 10" for super duty's from them here soon.

3: When a all new truck hits the market, they are a little far behind when developing a kit for a redesigned truck.

So for the long winded response, I'm a little bored at work this morning.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:52 AM

Muck, how are you running 38x24s on your truck? Dont you have a rough Country 4 link 6'' lift? Says you can only run 37s, or does yours rub at all? Im interested in the Rough Country 4 link 6'', just because that kit is about 2500 less than the other kit I was looking at. Also, can I run any shock that I want with the Rough Country kit? Like say, Kings, or Icon Prodigys? Instead of blocks in the rear, I wanna run Full deavers too.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BgCountry View Post
Muck, how are you running 38x24s on your truck? Dont you have a rough Country 4 link 6'' lift? Says you can only run 37s, or does yours rub at all? Im interested in the Rough Country 4 link 6'', just because that kit is about 2500 less than the other kit I was looking at. Also, can I run any shock that I want with the Rough Country kit? Like say, Kings, or Icon Prodigys? Instead of blocks in the rear, I wanna run Full deavers too.
I do have the 4 link 6". The tires do rub when I get it flexed up, but rarely is it in a situation for that to happen. You can run pretty much any shock you want and we have on different trucks. Matter of fact you could order just the front box components and save money by not having to purchase the rear blocks, u-bolts and shocks.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:41 PM

Wish you guys shop was out this way, Id have you put my lift on. Maybe yall should open a shop in Utah. Lots and LOTS of trucks out this way.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Good job on them all! They look great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.