Commence to lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Commence to lift

So after several weeks of getting to know the search function on this site, I have finally ordered all my stuff today. Ended up getting the Carli Suspension 4.5" Backcounty lift, 4" Readylift rear block, and a Rancho dual steering stabilizer. For shoes I ordered 315/70/18 Toyo M/T as I am going to stick with my stock rims for now and use them as my winter setup. Hopefully in the summer I plan on a set of 37X18 with a set of chrome rims for my summer setup. That will be another mind boggling decision on what offset/backspace/style to go with. I do want to thank all the members on here that have posted their setup in the past, it made a huge difference in my selection of parts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You gonna have to post some pics and give a "RIDE" review when you get her done
Old 02-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I definitely will. Looks like im gonna have to upgrade my account on Powerstroke.org as I have already maxed out my picture allotment with the free account.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Dieselbomber View Post
I definitely will. Looks like im gonna have to upgrade my account on Powerstroke.org as I have already maxed out my picture allotment with the free account.
You could just use a photo-hosting service like Photobucket to share the pictures instead of attaching them to the posts. Looking forward to pictures and a ride report!

Note, with a 4" block in the rear, you will sit a bit tail high. You're plenty capable of an additional 5/8" of lift with those shocks but thought I would throw it out there. Also, can you post a link to the dual steering stabilizer you bought? I want to ensure it is not an emulsion unit as those do not help stabilization and tend to blow out pretty quick considering the pistons are only half submerged in oil at any given time.

Looking forward to pictures and a ride report!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
So after several weeks of getting to know the search function on this site, I have finally ordered all my stuff today. Ended up getting the Carli Suspension 4.5" Backcounty lift, 4" Readylift rear block, and a Rancho dual steering stabilizer. For shoes I ordered 315/70/18 Toyo M/T as I am going to stick with my stock rims for now and use them as my winter setup. Hopefully in the summer I plan on a set of 37X18 with a set of chrome rims for my summer setup. That will be another mind boggling decision on what offset/backspace/style to go with. I do want to thank all the members on here that have posted their setup in the past, it made a huge difference in my selection of parts.
Hey Jason,
Thanks for the order!

For wheels I would suggest going with 8.5-9" wide wheels with a backspace around 5.5". That would eliminate most chances of rubbing. If you go with the wheel with less backspace lke 5" your 37's will contact the front bumper braces when making tight turns. Some guys will either space the bumper forward a bit or modify the braces if they run wheels like that.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

here is the link to the steering stabilizer that I found. I hope I didnt make a mistake by picking that one. I guess I could always return it if you know of a better option.

Rancho Suspension: Shocks » Steering Stabilizers

I saw this video on the tube and thought it looked ok.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Nick, thanks for the info on the wheels!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Those steering stabilizers look to be emulsion. If they are, i would strongly consider returning them and grabbing our IFP designed high-mount steering stabilizer. If you like the idea of the dual, I believe superlift makes a 5100 series unit that is an IFP design (oil and nitrogen are separated by a dividing piston which keeps the shock piston submerged ion oil, preventing cavitation for optimal performance).
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got my tires in today. Looks like the install is going to be delayed for a couple of weeks. Spoke with Carli today and the pitman arm bracket is on backorder. Cant wait to see all this on my truck!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Got my tires in today. Looks like the install is going to be delayed for a couple of weeks. Spoke with Carli today and the pitman arm bracket is on backorder. Cant wait to see all this on my truck!

You kit shipped out today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.