quality hid's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
quality hid's

hey guys I would like to get hid's for my 12 super duty I want a kit for the high/low beams as well as the fog lights. I dont want a cheap kit, and the ebay ones seem to good to be true with there low low prices... Can anyone point me in the right direction for some good quality kits??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 03:10 PM

quality HIDs

I buy all of my HID kits from Coolbulbs.com They have great customer service and awesome quality. If anything goes wrong, Andrew will replace what you need in a timely manner. I have 8K HID in my headlights and fog lights in my Super Duty. I also put them in my wifes 2013 Explorer Sport. The 8K have a slight blue tint.

quality hid's-8k-hid.jpg

This is one is on my wifes Explorer

quality hid's-halogen-vs-hid.jpg
Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM

RetroSolutionsLLC.com............nuff said!

Actually, now that I think about it, it's NOT enough said. I bought my first set in Nov. 2010 shortly after buying my 2011 F250. I installed them and was very impressed with the quality of the Digital brand HIDs. I immediately bought another set, for my wife's 2008 Mustang. I just bought another set of the Digital brand HIDs for the 2008 Honda Civic that I drive back and forth to work....55W 5K running in a set of projector headlight assemblies. I have have nothing but great things to say about the Digital brand HIDs, and RetroSolutionsLLC is a top notch place to do business with.

Last edited by xxrated; 02-03-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:38 PM

what bulb did you order for the fog lights? i cant find any h13's on there website...
Old 02-03-2013, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper View Post
what bulb did you order for the fog lights? i cant find any h13's on there website...
the fogs are 9145 or H10
Old 02-03-2013, 05:56 PM

no offense but they are all bad options. For real HIDs you need to have a retrofit kit installed. HIDs are designed to use a projector, no a reflector housing. If you ever pass someone on the road with HIDs in their stock reflector housings, you just get blinded by the light. They are brighter but not proper.

Proper HIDs need a projectors and they have a nice level cutoff and a wide field of view. If you want "good" headlights, its going to cost you $800 for a retrofit.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
no offense but they are all bad options. For real HIDs you need to have a retrofit kit installed. HIDs are designed to use a projector, no a reflector housing. If you ever pass someone on the road with HIDs in their stock reflector housings, you just get blinded by the light. They are brighter but not proper.

Proper HIDs need a projectors and they have a nice level cutoff and a wide field of view. If you want "good" headlights, its going to cost you $800 for a retrofit.
I agree with you but also if people would properly aim them that would help a ton. I have the "wrong hid" kit in my truck as in there not retrofitted and I aimed mine and not once have I been flashed or someone complain about my lights. and I can see perfect while driving. so technically you don't have to spend the 800 bucks to get good lighting. is it the proper way to do it? yes. but will I do it? no I don't see them being 740 dollars better.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:54 PM

You can retrofit them yourself for $250 or so
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
quality hid's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post

This is the right info! Doesn't matter how you aim them, you still have a wrong lighting system in the wrong set up. Halogens are designed to be used in reflector style headlights (our trucks have these) HIDs are designed to be used in an hid projector , not a halogen projector or a halogen reflector.

Read the link in my sig for more info, there's plenty of retrofit threads on here. 8000k bulbs provide the worst lighting conditions, 4300 is the best. I chose 6000k though. Holler at Cary at cb performance he's a vendor on here- if you want to pay somebody to so it.

Or go to theretrofitsource dot com for the actual kits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-04-2013, 01:19 AM

To the OP, the greatest part of forums is to get peoples "opinion". There is a lot of these are bad, these are better phrases out there. To each there own. In my truck Im not going to spend $$$ to retro fit projectors into my stock head lights, cuz i dont like the look of them in the stock housing. I did aim my lights downward being that Im lifted. Just do a lot of research and pick whats best for you. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.