6" Lift-- best kit to still be able to tow with?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6" Lift-- best kit to still be able to tow with??

Im looking for the best bang for my buck on a 6" lift kit for my 2012 F250 that will still allow me to still use it as a truck, some days my truck is a garage queen other days she puts on her work clothes and tows my 25' 10 ton pintle trailer hauling my skidsteer or my mini excavator, my 30' camper or 28' boat. I only tow the pintle trailer rarely as my cdl class dump truck handles it much better obviously, but there are times that the dump is impractical. I want quality and am not afraid to pay for it within reason. I cant find much info on towing abilities w/ this big of a lift so hopefully I can get some answers, if need be I may need to downgrade to a 4" if needed. Thanks for any help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

With those type of loads I woudl stick with something around 4" and work a set of air bags into your budget. Pretty much all of the lifts on the market are designed to level the truck so it will squat regardless. Most kits that include taller blocks for the rear aren't going to affect the spring rate so the towing capacity should technically stay the same. But since you are starting with a levle truck you will end up nose high with a trailer on it. This isn't a big issue issue if you are just moving a trailer 20 miles to another job site or dropping a boat in the water. But if you are going to be towing like that every day and/or going on long trips like that then you woudl want to run airb bags to level the truck with the bigger loads.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
X2........If you have the clearance for a 5th wheel ect if your not bumper pulling you can tow with any lift..just use air bags in the rear to level the load.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Sounds like the air bags are the way to go! All of my stuff is bumper pull, I only rarely tow a buddies gooseneck, but his truck is 6" lifted too so its set up for that already. I only tow the pintle trailer and the skidsteer and mini on short trips locally, from job to job on occasion but the boat and the camper I go on long trips w/ them. Thanks for the input!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.