Mud Flaps - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.7 Exterior Discussion 6.7 Exterior Discussion

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mud Flaps

I'm trying to get some opinions of whether or not I should go with some Duraflap mud flaps on my SRW. I have a Maroon Lariat with the two tone paint along rocker panels. Should I get this set of chrome weighted mud flaps for my rear wheels? I like the look of them and eventually I'd get a set for the front too in order to keep the truck cleaner. What are your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Mud Flaps-mudflaps.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

I bought them for my white '01. They are really good quality and are holding up well. I got them after I realized I was throwing stuff up onto my 5th wheel. They solved that. I added the front ones later.

Here are my pics: ( I put the links because the pics are big)
Rear:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/mem...xhaust-tip.jpg

Front:
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/mem...-mud-flaps.jpg

I went with ones that are 14" wide just to make sure I had the coverage I wanted.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Emergency Services

Those look sweet man! I'm definitely part to pulling the trigger, I feel like they're a classy addition to the truck that still serve a purpose. You don't have any problems with them sticking on the exhaust? I'm worried about mine melting or getting caught on the tire on a curb backing up.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

No, on the exhaust. They are 3/8ths thick, they don't 'sail' at all. You can't tell in that pic, but I'm a good 3.5-4" at the closest.
I got the ones that were not pre-drilled so I mounted where I wanted. If I remember right, mine are about 8 inches off the ground. When I back up over a curb, the bottoms are above it. When I back up too, I always use my mirror (adjusted down so I can see the flap) and if there is a taller curb, I can see to stop before I hit.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Emergency Services

So are they fixed in place essentially like the plastic OEM splash guards?
I'm glad there's no way for them to touch the exhaust pipe, it would be nice if they sailed a little bit like tractor trailer mud flaps.
I was going to get the pre-drilled ones in order to make the installation easy, I usually don't have very good luck with aftermarket products, the less that can go wrong the better lol.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I have a set of the 11-12 oem molded mud flaps if anyone's interested I would sell them pretty cheap. Bought them for my 2010 not even paying attention that the fenders are different.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbybc12 View Post
So are they fixed in place essentially like the plastic OEM splash guards?
I'm glad there's no way for them to touch the exhaust pipe, it would be nice if they sailed a little bit like tractor trailer mud flaps.
I was going to get the pre-drilled ones in order to make the installation easy, I usually don't have very good luck with aftermarket products, the less that can go wrong the better lol.
Not sure how the pre-drilled ones mount. As I stated, mine aren't pre-drilled. Mine came with stainless steel bolts, washers and nuts so I could drill into the lip of the fender well and mount them. Their website might show how they mount up.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:58 PM

I have Dura Flaps on my '09. They're the stainless steel weighted flaps. They've survived numerous winters with all the snow, slush, and road salt. They haven't curled or ripped. They are simply the best mud flaps out there. I had the Ford/OEM molded mudflaps and they were garbage. Too short to provide any adequate protection. I opted for the narrower of the two versions Dura Flap offers and went with the longest available flaps for the rear since I want to provide protection to my truck, trailer, and my cargo. I have the pre drilled flaps too. They are very simple to install and bolt right up to existing holes.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM

I have the duraflaps front and back on my 4.5" lifted 2011 F250 and love them. I have the pre-drilled and they bolt right up on the back you add one metal bar but it bolts up to existing locations. They install very easy. I have the stainless steel weights on front and back and the backs are customised with a dirt bike and wording that says "My Hybrid" they can do a lot with them if you want them too.

I don't have pictures at the moment but will try to get some and post them in this thread.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Emergency Services

Definitely post up some pics I really want to get them with the chrome weights that say Cowboy Up. I'm about a week away from pulling the trigger, trying to get the GFs Christmas present first (Tow mirrors for a Ram 1500 ).
The Following User Says Thank You to kirbybc12 For This Useful Post:
sikpig (05-31-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.